MFP increased my calories

Options
So I have recently lost 10lbs. MFP said it wanted to re-configure my stats and I saw that it increased it by 30 calories. Any reason for this? I thought I would be losing more caloric intake not increasing. Or this have to do with that metabolism phenomenon?

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    did it change your loss rate? Like from 1 lb/wk to 0.5 lb/wk?
  • bigapplepie
    bigapplepie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on losing 10 pounds. Can you tell us more about your eating and exercise habits since you began?
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Wow. MFP just reduced mine by about the same. It happened after I passed the 25lbs lost mark. Did your activity level stay the same? Interesting.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    Yeah, unless you changed your activity level, your goal, or your starting weight (at any point) it wouldn't raise the calories.

Did you start once before, and then come back at a different weight?
  • jdavs
    Options
    Thanks guys. Well my according to my settings, I said I wanted to exercise twice a week with 1.5 lbs a week loss. but really I've been exercising at least 4 times a week (cycling - for about an hour and some change). my original caloric intake was at 1915 and then it increased it to 1940. No biggie for me since i'm gonna try and stay below. Did it think I needed more calories because of my increase in exercise?

note, I will soon be cycling at 5 times a day for school. It'd be interesting to see what happens then.