i want this more than anything

Options
i want this more than anything but i keep cheating on my diet! i have SUCH a sweet tooth!!!

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just use your calorie budget. I always had my treats now and then but I didn't keep them at home. I have to go out and buy a cookie. I had my cookie treat, and I always wanted more. But I told myself I can have one more tomorrow. I savor every bite then head to the gym.

You can have everything you want, just not all at once! :)
  • katielmikesell
    katielmikesell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Exercise! I go to the gym and do cardio so that I can eat cheese and drink wine. :) Look for low-calorie alternatives. Like, if you want ice cream, get a Skinny Cow bar. They're really tasty and satisfying, and they're usually around 100 calories. Try tricking your sweet tooth. Buy plain, non-fat yogurt, and then put a tablesppon of honey in it and some fruit. You'll get your sweet and get things that are good for you as well.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation :wink:
  • Culley34
    Options
    Can you open your food diary?

Maybe adding some fruit or other natural sugars will help quell your sweet tooth...?
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    i want this more than anything but i keep cheating on my diet! i have SUCH a sweet tooth!!!

Try acting like an adult who is in control of her own body.
  • ar1ms
    ar1ms Posts: 98 Member
    Options

obviously i am trying.. rude.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I am not trying to be rude, but seriously if you really want this, then make the sacrifices necessary. Don't throw yourself any pity parties, just DO IT.
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    i want this more than anything but i keep cheating on my diet!

Really? How bad do you want it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ
  • ar1ms
    Options
    I am not trying to be rude, but seriously if you really want this, then make the sacrifices necessary. Don't throw yourself any pity parties, just DO IT.

no your right. i need to stop making excuses.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Let's be honest here. Everyone in the world (within reason) wants to be fit/in shape. That's the easy part. The hard part is wanting it enough that you actually do it and stick to it. It doesn't sound like you're there yet. Maybe it just hasn't clicked for you yet? Try baby steps. Reduce your food intake by 100 calories a week, or even a month, until you get to the level you want.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options

obviously i am trying.. rude.

Ignore Plates559.

You don't need to make sacrifices. You just need to moderate your eating. You can have the sweets and still lose weight. Most of us, at least the maintainers, did it that way. When you go to have that cookie, just remind yourself, "one today, one for another day".

Don't beat yourself for eating snacks. They are part of life and part of a healthy diet. Learn to work them into your calorie goal each day. Plan for them. You will learn to have a healthy relationship with them and this will set you on a path that you can maintain.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options

Stop buying it in the grocery store, don't even go down the candy isle.. avoid whatever you keep sliding back on when you go shopping.. you can't eat it if its not there for you to eat.
  • ar1ms
    Options
    Stop buying it in the grocery store, don't even go down the candy isle.. avoid whatever you keep sliding back on when you go shopping.. you can't eat it if its not there for you to eat.
    [/quote]

I dont!! I am a college student and my 2 roommates are stick thin and eat whatever they want, there are cabinets full of candy there are brownies chips.. EVERYTHING!! >:(
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

I dont!! I am a college student and my 2 roommates are stick thin and eat whatever they want, there are cabinets full of candy there are brownies chips.. EVERYTHING!! >:(
    [/quote]

Don't eat it. When you grab it out of the cupboard take 2sec to ask yourself - "Should I?" and if you exercised that day or are low on calories ....sure have a cookie/brownie/ice cream. But if you *REALLY* want it - back away from the brownie!! One or two months without a brownie will not kill you and soon you'll realize you don't have a big of sweet tooth as you once thought.

Find other ways to cure sweet tooth: Toast with Peanut Butter and Honey, Fruit, Gum, Frozen Yogurt, etc. You can cure sweet tooth w/out derailing your success!!!
  • ahamm002
    ahamm002 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Try acting like an adult . . . great advice for yourself too!
  • ahamm002
    Options

A sweet tooth is a common problem, and there are tons of remedies. Although, it's going to be tough when you have roommates who keep such snacks in your apartment, but you can still do it.

1. Just stop snacking on all refined & processed carbs awhile. You don't have to permanently cut them out, but it will help get rid of your sweet tooth. No more snacking on brownies, cereal, pretzels, chips, cookies, etc. Minimize bread, white rice, and pasta unless you're working out that day. After you've avoided processed carbs for about 6 weeks, your sweet tooth and carb cravings should be less of a problem.

2. Keep fruit around the house so you can eat that instead of brownies when you get cravigns.

3. Tea and coffee are great for managing cravings and curbing appetites

4. Avoid diet drinks and artificial sweeteners like the plague if you have a sweet tooth. The super sweet artificial sweeteners may just reinforce your sweet tooth and worsen your cravings.

5. Work out enough so that you can eat cheat meals but still lose weight!
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options

Actually, you apparently want sweets more than you want to be fit.

When I decided I wanted to lose the weight more than I wanted to indulge my cravings, I was able to stop the constant cheating and mind games I was playing with myself.

Put on your big girl panties, sister. You have to decide whether you want to lose weight or if you want to be controlled by your appetite.
  • ifrog3n1
    ifrog3n1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sweets has always been one of my weaknesses. And even most recently, hubby has bought me Skinny Cow treats. However, i have been "weaning" myself off of them. Instead of a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich, i've been keeping Yoplait Boston Cream Pie on hand. The last package of Skinny Cows will be gone soon...maybe. =) And i'm asking him not to get me anymore.
  • ahamm002
    Options
    Put on your big girl panties, sister. You have to decide whether you want to lose weight or if you want to be controlled by your appetite.

Any diet plan that involves too much "will power" is just flat out doomed to fail in the long run. It's better to find methods that seek to minimize the need for will power instead of relying on it.
  • ar1ms
    Options
    i don't eat pasta, pizza, chips, anything all i really eat is fruit, vegetables, salad, popcorn, chobani yogurt, special k cereal with skim milk, raisins, nuts, laughing cow cheese with whole wheat baked chips gluten free, peanut butter and sometimes ill have some multigrain pita chips with edamame hummus. I also eat hard boiled eggs. I am not into coffee or tea. I have stopped drinking soda or carbonated drinks all together and i drink around 8-10 bottles of ice cold water a day. I also run and walk on the treadmill for an hour every day. I have no snacked on anything bad until last weekend when I went home, my mom just had everything that i loved and i couldn't resist anymore! My only problem truly is just candy and sweets. But I am in the process and I will succeed at not having my sweet tooth get the best of me. I am going grocery shopping tomorrow So i am going to find other snacks to have when my sweet tooth kicks in! any suggestions???!