The calories MyFitnessPal gives you.

Options
I have followed the calorie guideline MyFitnessPal has given me and I have not lost a pound. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it you can eat anything you want under the guideline calorie intake? Should I adjust my calorie intake?

Replies

• MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Let me help you.

1. Open your diary.. That will be the first thing anyone trying to help you will look at.
    2. This is posted in the wrong area... So it might be a little while before you get a helpful response.
    3. This is a very frequently discussed subject.. So it may be possible for you to find your own answer quickly if you search.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,114 Member
    Options
    ...and leave more info here. I see you are 53 year old woman, how tall are you? Do you work? What kind of physical activity do you do on a regular basis.

Your ticker says you are trying to lose about 30 lbs. What have you set as your goals?

Use this as a guideline:

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.

Undereating can cause problems as well as overeating. So if you are eating too little, we need to know, to give helpful responses.

Open your food diary.
  • HeavenLeAngel127
    HeavenLeAngel127 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have followed the calorie guideline MyFitnessPal has given me and I have not lost a pound. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it you can eat anything you want under the guideline calorie intake? Should I adjust my calorie intake?

Take measurements, I lost mucho inches without loosing a pound at first.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There are lots of variables to input (activity level, exercise calories, weight loss goal per week) ..... these will change the calorie guidlelines given to you by MFP. The lowest MFP will go is 1200 NET calories per day. Net calories are calories IN vs. calories OUT.

Example: Eat 1800 - Exercise 600 = 1200 Net. This is not exact for everyone ... give it time & tweek as needed.

Yes - you can eat whatever you want ....... however, 1200 calories in Twinkies everyday will not give you the body that you want. MFP gives you protein/carb/fat (AKA Macros) .... suggestions to help you learn healthy food habits.

Not everone accepts the "preset" nutrition macros .... they can be "tweeked" also depending upon your goals.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12 :smile:

Check out the thread above. I see you are in your very early 50s. Sometimes much harder to lose at that age. I'm 54 and found that following the road map was just what I needed to stay on track and being to lose consistently. Hope you find something that works for you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!