Does your Better Half Support you ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    First- Kudos to your hubby! That was a very sweet thing to do to show support.:heart:

Second- Thankfully I am married to a man that is very supportive of me losing weight. He NEVER complains about what I make, if it's a salad for dinner, he's on board. He is also always more than happy to join me for a walk. I even got him to do Yoga with me at home...lol :laugh: (this was very outside his comfort zone) He is also good about paying me compliments even when I don't see what he does... I have to say I am very blessed! Maybe I should remember that when he leaves his clothes on the floor :tongue:
  • ForeverChasingTheSunsets
    Options
    My boyfriend supports me 100%. We don't live together but he's never mad when I take time to go to the gym or walking the trails with my dog. He looooves my healthy cooking most of the time. He practically lives on eggs and toast. I have to encourage him to eat more veggies so I make sure that when we are together, I make meals with a lot of veggies in them.
  • verodzrosas
    verodzrosas Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    mine sometimes joins me for laps at the pool, but mostly he's just willing to eat whatever I'm eating and doesn't get grumpy when its extra healthy or I don't cook a side of chicken or meat for him because I'm tired. He also motivates me to keep up the good work by getting as excited as I do when I'm down several pounds or picking me up when I gain a couple... he can be sweet when he wants to, jajaja!
  • tejasmh87
    tejasmh87 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have a professional pom pom carrying awesometastic boyfriend who cheers me on, and I him :)

Both of us are using MFP and reinforcing positive changes we both need though they vary week to week.

Ofcourse this goes as well for other hobbies and different pursuits we have. He's working on teaching himself SQL programming and I am trying to get paintings done in time for shows next year.

Having this type of support is amazing :D I'm honored to call him my man.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    My husband supports me and he loves that I'm taking care of myself. I lost 10 pounds just before my birthday and he gave me a gift certificate at Sports Authority so I could buy some exercise outfits--then he went with to help me pick them out. Also, he loves to eat health (lots of vegies) so he is really excited that I'm changing my meal planning and cooking habits--very slowly, but surely.

Glad to see that so many of us have support from our partners.:happy:
  • sobriquet84
    sobriquet84 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    pfff, my husband just pisses me off.

husband:
    "You're not allowed to have that, remember?" (he IS just reminding me of my own rules that I've made for myself).

me:
    "shut up before i punch you in the face."
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Glad you ladies all have supportive SOs... I got nothin... that is why I am here. He is more concerned about me losing my boobs more than anything I think... :/
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive, but it isn't always a good thing. He supports me if I want to workout 3 hours a day and eat a pile of vegies....but he also supports me if I want a heeping bowl of ice cream, a pizza and a nap. The jerk. lol

Hahahaha...that sounds like my husband. So I tell him, "If I ever ask you if I should workout or take a break, always make me workout"....and he does, except I keeeppppppppp asking and he gives up on me after the fifth time...lol!
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    The boyfriend is on here as well as has lost 11 pounds! Add him: bvswimmer33
    We swim together, walk the dog, do insanity, we even buy our healthy food together :)
  • makeupmuse10
    Options
    Glad you ladies all have supportive SOs... I got nothin... that is why I am here. He is more concerned about me losing my boobs more than anything I think... :/

hahaha! this sounds like my hubby! My husband is overweight as am I and I would really like to make this a family change but he doesn't see as anything is wrong. He will eat whatever I cook but always wants to eat out at the worse places.......he says "I think you are beautiful so why do you need to lose weight?"
    Frustrating isn't it???
  • MyCornerOnline
    MyCornerOnline Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My hubby went to the doctor last week and discovered he'd lost 5 pounds ... probably because of my diet! He doesn't need to loose.
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My husband is very supportive, but it isn't always a good thing. He supports me if I want to workout 3 hours a day and eat a pile of vegies....but he also supports me if I want a heeping bowl of ice cream, a pizza and a nap. The jerk. lol

I can totally relate to this one... There is a down side of sorts to a man that "LOVES YOU JUST THE WAY YOU ARE" :laugh: He's definately a keeper though... :love:
  • dirtydmvkid
    Options
    Being that both me and my SO are Marines I would say it's pretty even sided. Except when she decides to bake cupcakes or make her delicious garlic knots haha! We manage nicely!
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I don't have an "other half" but my roommate is very supportive. He even made space on the 3rd room in the house so I could do my Shred circuit training. He isn't into working out and he eat almost all the wrong things if I don't cook for both of us but even then he tries and cheers for my weigh loss and motivates me.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Somewhat supportive. She has difficulty losing weight herself, so may be a little envious, but I think she likes the way I look, and the energy that I have, and only wishes she could do/have the same.
  • pandorakick
    pandorakick Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    My hubby takes care to tell me all that is in the meal when he cooks. He also weighs all when putting it on my plate so I can file it properly :love:
  • super_monty
    super_monty Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    At 1st no I think she thought it was just a fad. Now she supports me massively we have very little money atm but will agree to things like when I needed new trainers and shorts without complaint. Might not sound like much but it is.
  • CassieLyle
    Options
    my boyfriend kinda supports me but not really.. Its only been 3 weeks and he thinks its a fad and im not going to stick with it.. He has only told me twice in 3 weeks hes proud of me and it sucks.. He eats crap food and brings in snacks all the time... But in the same aspect he tells me all the time im beautiful and he loves me... So hes extremely content with how I look now..
  • OliveDove18
    Options
    My boyfriend decided to join myfitnesspal with me! He set up his own account on here and has been motivating me all along. We have a calender hanging up in the kitchen, and we log our weights on it and we make small goals for ourselves. He will text me during the day to tell me how many calories he has left for the day and asks if I have gone on a walk yet for lunch. He also is being much more open with food choices. I know there are things that he loves to eat, but he knows that I can't have them because of the high calorie amount. He decides to leave them at the store so that I'm not tempted (his caloric intake is much higher than mine). He's so sweet. He also makes little competitions with me, like who can lose 10 lbs the quickest. He has also decided not to shave his beard until he has lost another 15 lbs. (We'll see how long that lasts)
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    My hubby is very supportive. He has a gym membership, doesn't go as often as I do (he goes when he has a PT test coming up.. he's in the army :-p). He gets at me to be healthier. He loves me the way I am, but knows I need to be healthy for myself and for when we have kids. He doesn't mind anything that I cook, thinks I'm a little crazy sometimes when I use my food scale, but knows I'm trying and I am for real. He's happier knowing I'm taking it more seriously and not yo-yoing :)