Dear stupid friends.

Options
Moofey2
Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
I love you all to death but you know that saying/prayer "Dear Lord, if you cannot make me skinny, please make my friends fat." In a joking way I thought it would be funny because you guys used to make comments on my love handles and how big my butt was even though you knew I was self conscious. It was funny at first but now its not, I would never want to wish the way I felt on anyone but after a while your jokes got on my nerves and hurt my feelings a bit. Now you all weigh more than me when you were once 40lbs less than me. Now you all are asking for diet tips from me.. Boy what a shocker... Karma sucks.

Have you ever had friends do crap like this? Who made you mad today?

Replies

• corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Get mad/offended is a choice. I choose not to allow some asshat to run my emotions.
  • Moofey2
    Moofey2 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Get mad/offended is a choice. I choose not to allow some asshat to run my emotions.

I had a past with an eating disorder so it was a bit hard but I just stay away from those people now haha.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Can't change others. Sometimes the lobsters will try to drag you down. Concentrate on what you can do better:

http://www.girlsgonestrong.com/manifesto/

For all the strong ladies out there. :>
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    A big problem with the Dear stupid friends/co-worker/boss/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend posts is that it's very difficult to take these letters and put them in envelopes to mail. Even with a flat screen monitor, you have to invest in bubble wrap and a big box, plus all that postage. Not to mention the issue of electricity and keeping the letter on screen.

It would be easier and cheaper to type these letters out on a typewriter - or even hand-writing a note - and sending via postal mail to the stupid friends/co-worker/boss/spouse/boyfriend/girlfriend.

Of course, we wouldn't get the benefit of seeing these threads.

But think of the all the postage you could save.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Why would you "love them to death" if they are mean to you? Why even be friends?
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    The better question is who HASN'T made me mad today.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They sound like crappy friends to me.
  • rhvandan
    Options
    Real friends love you with spinach in your teeth and baby puke in your hair. They love you with a flabby stomach and thunder thighs. They love you when you desperately need the make up you have no energy to apply. They love you when you pull your *kitten* together and outshine them all. They love you at your best and at your worst. If they can't handle that, they dont deserve the name of "friend".
    Now family on the other hand.. Those psychos cant be controlled with a taser and a whole bag of scooby snacks, but I digress.

#1 Love yourself. That means lose the ones who dont see this as #1.
    #2 everything after #1 kinda works itself out.

It's hard to say sayonara to people you think are your friends, but believe me, once you have cleared your emotional closet of your 80s prom dress equivalents, you have room for better, more modern, more fitting friends.

Love and kisses and chocolate
    Moi
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    People can be mean, even if they don't realize how much it hurts. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Communication is key, though. If they're hurting you, tell them. If they are truly your friends, they will stop.

Also, congrats on you accomplishment!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I am sure the Lord has a sense of humor and didnt take it seriously. After all he did invent men. :flowerforyou:

By the way great job on the weight loss. You look wonderful.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Unless you're friends are on MFP, they will not see your message. May I suggest using a differnet medium to share your feelings?

Sincerely,

Concerned Fitness Pal
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I had a friend who was totally like this - reminding my constantly in "joking" ways how fat I was compared to her, how she was super skinny, etc. Even though I'm /still/ bigger than her, she's gaining and I'm losing, and I honestly do get some kind of sick satisfaction from that.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    The better question is who HASN'T made me mad today.

yes...lol...I'm in the same boat...
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    No. I don't have a problem with friends who do that to me. The reason is because friends don't do those things. Friends are supportive and care about each other. They don't belittle and set up false hierarchies based on stupid things like external attractiveness.

The problem is, you seem to keep relationships with people who treat you like ****, apparently so you can treat them like **** later. That's a choice you can make, but don't confuse it with having friends.
  • Ruthe8
    Ruthe8 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Dear Moofey,

You have a serious problem with passive-aggressiveness.