How often to you weigh yourself?

Options
I am curious how often other people weight themselves, daily, weekly etc..

I weight myself everyday provided I can meet certain specific conditions, like I must feel happy with how the day previous went, it must be the first thing I do in the morning and I must not have eaten drank or taken any exercise plus more some others.

Sometime I actauly find this motivates me if I feel like over indulging on the evening as I am curious about the scales the next day.

I'm told (not on here) that I weigh myself way too often but I am happy this way and so far don't find it demotivating nor did I last successful attempt at weight loss.

Replies

• ShadowChaser16
    Options
    Urrday, naked, at the same TIME which is 11:42am somehow. Then I log whatever it says onto TWO apps on my phone (for accountability). A lot of people say to only weight yourself once a week but it's harder to find trends that way--like what if you weigh yourself on a day where you retained water and think you gained fat somehow and then quit the whole thing?
  • Jeffbeck79
    Options
    I weigh myself daily, that way I can see what foods and exercise combination works for me the best. If I only weighed myself once a week I feel like I would slip up more often. If you don't see your weight everyday it is kind of like out of sight out of mind.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Not to be rude but my lord I'm bored of seeing these posts lol. There must be at least 1 every other day :frown:
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, but only one of them is official. It drives me crazy to see people weighing themselves daily. Ones weight will fluctuate on a daily basis. Why torture yourself by weighing so much? It's just a mind game.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Every day, just before I get in the shower. Sometimes twice a day if I'm dawdling before getting in the shower post workout.

Like shadow mentioned, it helps me see the overall trend and not take too much stock in any one weigh in. Pretty much the opposite of torturing myself.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I do right before and right after I poop.

Some poops weigh up to 2.3 pounds. Sadly, most are smaller.
  • katejain
    Options
    I do it once a week. Same day each week first thing in the morning.
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I do right before and right after I poop.

I have never ever done this. Nope. Not even once.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    every morning.....after I pee.....buck naked :):flowerforyou:
  • girllovedcupcakes
    girllovedcupcakes Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Sometimes it goes up and down within one week but overall it always goes down :)
  • jennco3
    jennco3 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh once every two weeks on a saturday. I always allow a restroom break and walk the dog first. That way Im not just out of bed. I do sneak in the occasional evening weigh or random morning weigh in just to check my progress. I didnt do well weighing often. But I think its all in how you take it. If it helps you then weigh daily. I see no harm in that. If it adds a smile or that happy feeling even better.:smile:
  • LeidaPrimal
    LeidaPrimal Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Daily, with an official weigh in being on Saturday before the gym.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    once every 2 weeks
  • wymanic
    wymanic Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    every morning.....after I pee.....buck naked :):flowerforyou:
    me too
  • NobleSpirit11
    Options
    Twice a week. One on Thursday evening to see the progress during the week, and to see whether I need to step up my efforts. The second is the official weigh in, which is every Monday morning, before I do anything else.
  • walkdmc
    walkdmc Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Not to be rude but my lord I'm bored of seeing these posts lol. There must be at least 1 every other day :frown:

Who cares if you're bored, don't respond.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    once a week in the morning after peeing :)
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Everyday
  • LAWoman79
    LAWoman79 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Once a month.
  • antonyheaven
    antonyheaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I tend to weigh myself daily first thing in the morning after I pee butt naked ... BUT lately I've been noticing that my new Aria scales are just a little too sensitive and that my weight fluctuates unhelpfully - and syncs the info - to MFP.

So ... I have just today made a commitment to myself to weigh weekly on Sunday mornings. All other conditions apply.

TBC