twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Everyday
    [/quote

this
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I weighed every day while I was only eating 1200 cals a day, not exercising, and losing weight like mad. I added exercise to my routine, upped my calories, and the scale stopped moving. So I stopped weighing and started measuring. :) The journey continues...
  • TisMee76
    TisMee76 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly obsessed. I weigh myself:

When I first wakeup after my first wee.
    When I get home from work (to judge my day)
    After dinner.
    After my night time shower.
    Before I go to bed.

Weekends are worse. I weight myself after eating or drinking anything. Usually up to 10 times a day.

Really must snap out of it!
  • Junie444
    Options
    every single day.....it keeps me knowing what I need to do to keep the weight off!
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Once or twice a week max. I'm not too stressed over it. I'm much more into my measurements. :)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    I am curious how often other people weight themselves, daily, weekly etc..

I weight myself everyday provided I can meet certain specific conditions, like I must feel happy with how the day previous went, it must be the first thing I do in the morning and I must not have eaten drank or taken any exercise plus more some others.

Sometime I actauly find this motivates me if I feel like over indulging on the evening as I am curious about the scales the next day.

I'm told (not on here) that I weigh myself way too often but I am happy this way and so far don't find it demotivating nor did I last successful attempt at weight loss.

When I was losing weight I weighed myself every morning. As long as you realize there will be fluctuations and plateaus do it as much as you want.

This is what I would typically say: The scale is a trend tool. The scale is good but put it away and only check once a week and only use it as a trend tool. It will fluctuate, it does not matter. Take front side and back progress pictures at least once a month. You will see differences that the metrics won't tell you and it's that little bit of NSV that will keep you going until the next victory.

You body loses weight in chunks, not linear. I have found that you can do everything right and your weight loss seems to plateau but if you are patient and keep exercising and eating at a deficit (however slight) you will lose it, it will suddenly "whoosh". There are so many variables for the scale; water retention, digestion, allergies, sodium, carbs, water intake, DOMS, inflammation, the list goes on. People mistakenly think they lose or gain weight when they eat more or less because of these fluctuations.

Losing weight requires tremendous patience. You will not lose it when you want it or where you want it. The body does its thing. Some apparent plateaus can last a month or so. You can not make it happen faster. You must focus on two things; calories and exercise. Nothing else matters. Scales and metrics don't matter. The day in and day out grind of exercise and calories are all that matters. It is not very exciting until things fall into place. You get your victories and you ride one victory to the next.
  • favrow812
    Options
    every damn day, wish I wouldn't but I'm addicted to that scale. I weigh at the same time on the same scale
  • niceMarly
    niceMarly Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    there must be something wrong with me cause I weight myself ONLY once a month! I actually trust ONLY the scales in my dr's office....threw out my home scale six months ago!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Once every three weeks. I take my measurements about once a week.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options

After dinner.
    Before I go to bed.

Weekends are worse. I weight myself after eating or drinking anything. Usually up to 10 times a day.

SNAP OUT OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jk :flowerforyou:
  • RyanJS81
    RyanJS81 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Every morning. :)
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

Not to be rude but my lord I'm bored of seeing these posts lol. There must be at least 1 every other day :frown:

Who cares if you're bored, don't respond.

Told off by a fluffy chick avatar. My life is now complete. Hello? public forum, wind your fluffy neck in birdy brain.
  • Solisci
    Solisci Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    every morning.....after I pee.....buck naked :):flowerforyou:

Me too! Lol
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I was weighing myself everyday. But my weight was predictable...usually about the same everyday, maybe a pound less.

So I'll check on it every few days or if I'm bored or something. I don't have to do it everyday. I know I'm not going to be that dramatically different.

I mostly just like comparing my starting weight with whatever I have now.
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    I'm addicted (which isn't healthy) to weighing myself every morning and every night. I only log my weight 1-2 times per week and only if my weight is consistent for 5 logins (eg morning, night, morning, night, morning).

Some weeks I lose a lot, others I lose nothing. Seeing the numbers go down helps to keep us motivated. Seeing the numbers go up makes us realise we shouldn't have had that "cheat" meal :p
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

After dinner.
    Before I go to bed.

Been there done that!!! I think a bit obsessed is an understatement...lol.Try to stop that as its not a good place to be hun x
  • pinkkeith
    Options
    The first thing I do every morning is head the bathroom for a pee, shed my clothes and then get on the scale. I also do it at about the same time every morning. I treat it the same way that I look at my retirement fund. I know it will fluctuate and the goal is long term not short term. Yet, I still like to see what it is and keep track of the information.

The frequency and health benefits of how often you weigh yourself really reflects back on why you're doing it. I think someone mentioned that they weighed themselves once before and after they pooed. I admit I did that once just to see what a simple biological function will do to my weight mass. There are many things that makes weight go up and down throughout the day and week. As long as you realize that the frequency of you weighing yourself shouldn't be a problem.
  • chardi7
    chardi7 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday when I get out of the shower. However, I only log it in MFP when I have reached a new low...yes I know its cheating but its what I do.
  • shellydd
    shellydd Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    every morning, right after a visit to the potty and before my coffee