nuts? good snack or evil?

Options
2»

Replies

• antonyheaven
    antonyheaven Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    OMG I love almonds and walnuts and especially cashews in moderation. Also love avocado. Good fats are great.

As for peanuts . . . In theory I love peanut butter but I try my best to avoid it ... peanuts are most definitely representatives of the devil and not allowed in my cart :-)
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Nuts are my favorite snack! The key is portion control!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If you just lick the nuts you get the flavor and a little salt but none of the calories. Be careful though, licking of nuts has been known to cause pregnancy and other complications.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    Nuts are a great snack, just very easy to go overboard on. I know if I start snacking on salted almonds in front of the TV I can eat half the bag in no time. I find it helpful to pre-portion them using little cups or something instead of eating straight out of the bag/package.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Good snack, great snack. As the others have said, just don't eat a pound in one sitting.
  • windycitycupcake
    windycitycupcake Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    try 100 calorie packs. then you know exactly how much to eat and can log it with no worries.

they are very healthy but if you are trying to lose weight and stay under your calorie goal, don't eat too many. nuts are high in calories, especially hazelnuts, macadamia, and brazil. (i wouldn't worry about the fat content because its healthy fat not bad fat)

if you eat too many of them you will have no calories left for a nice meal and most likely over eat.

BlueDiamondAlmonds32ctBags.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I love nuts! I buy the big bags and portion them out into single-serve bags on my own. I always keep them beside the door to grab on my way out just in case I'm away from home for longer than I expected. They keep me from getting too grumpy between meals!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    If you dip Almonds in Nutella.. is it still a healthy snack?