How to stay encourage

Options
Hey I just need to know if you are a big snacker like me how did you cut down on snacking, what is a good substitute for snacks? I need to stay encourages!

Replies

• ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    i eat all my favourite snacks for breakfast and lunch and that usually stops me snackin late in the evening :flowerforyou:
  • mh3939
    mh3939 Posts: 12
    Options
    Keep yourself busy. Clean the house, read a book, learn something new.
  • coreybee
    Options
    I started chewing bubble gum. The flavor is enough to keep the cravings away. Tehn I drink a big glass of water, and I don't feel so hungry.
  • dreamsdaily
    dreamsdaily Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Gum really works, especially sweet gum. Saw it on the biggest loser so we tried it.
  • femalearcher
    Options
    if you keep your meal calories to around 300, there are all sorts of snacks you could have. I am also a big snacker, you just need to make good choices.....
    Raw Almonds
    wheat tortilla with 1/2 banana 1Tbsp almond butter
    carrots and hummus
    cottage cheese with fruit and almonds
    There are endless low cal snacks...dont starve yourself!! Especially if you are working out. Drink lots of water.
  • femalearcher
    Options
    Also... ;_)
    I just went to our local flea market and stocked up on all the veggies i could afford, cut em up ready to eat in the fridge, so everytime i need a snack, i can eat any of those for virtually no calories...just a thought.
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan so I mostly eat vegies at meal times. So my lunch and dinner are usually well below 300 calories each unless I eat rice or lentils or something as well. Since I exercise, I generally need about 2500 - 3000 calories in the day, which means about half has to come from between meals. I've started eating something almost every hour since I started tracking my food. Morning tea and breakfast tend to be my highest calorie meals, unless I'm preparing for a big gym session in the evening, in which case I have a large afternoon tea.

The point is, snacking isn't a problem as long as you make it part of your plan, and don't snack on chocolate bars and cakes and soda.