Cleanse

Options
I'm feeling super dense and have felt this way for a while. So, my though was that I might try a um... how to put this delicately... a colonic type cleanse?

I have a friend who swears by a tea called "smooth moves" (or something like that.) She does it 3-4 times a year and says she feels so much better after it's all done with. She eats fresh fruits and veggies during this cleanse and just drinks the tea and water. I'm sure I could get 1200 cal of fruit and veggies in for 2-3 days. So, I'm not worried about the cals. I'm worried that I could do worse harm by using this cleansing tea.

Anyone have any experience or advice with this?

Replies

• uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    I'm feeling super dense and have felt this way for a while. So, my though was that I might try a um... how to put this delicately... a colonic type cleanse?

I have a friend who swears by a tea called "smooth moves" (or something like that.) She does it 3-4 times a year and says she feels so much better after it's all done with. She eats fresh fruits and veggies during this cleanse and just drinks the tea and water. I'm sure I could get 1200 cal of fruit and veggies in for 2-3 days. So, I'm not worried about the cals. I'm worried that I could do worse harm by using this cleansing tea.

Anyone have any experience or advice with this?
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    well I've never done one, but I think I'd check w/ my doctor first....I hear mixed reviews on them!!! good luck w/ what you choose!!!

hugs!
    Ali
  • amy_ryan
    amy_ryan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I know people who have tried the "smooth moves" tea, and it made them feel sick. I have tried similar cleansing products - ranging from "dieter's" teas to 7-day cleansing systems (there's a bunch out there) - and the results ranged from no noticeable effect at all to TERRIBLE sickness. I did not lose weight on any of them. I advise you to stay away from such things! Upping your fruit/veggie (or other high fiber food) intake would be healthier and more effective over the long haul.
  • washcapfan
    washcapfan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Be careful - I read that when you do that it also removes the good bacteria that we need.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    IT is cheaper and better for you if you just eat fresh fruits and veggies for a day or two if you can stand it. Then to try a "TEA" that might have something in it that hurts your body.
    That said all bodies are different.
    However. I still think that a day of fresh fruit and veggies would not hurt you and TRUST me you will feel cleansed by the end of the first day.
    It was also brought up that you might be getting rid of the GOOD Bacteria in your body with the tea... Hence the fresh fruit AND veggies for the day.
    Again I have never heard of it, and I have never tried it. It SOUNDS a little wacky to me. And I wonder about the valididy of the claims. Hey I have had a same reaction after I ate a bowl of strawberries.
    But then again with each body being different. The things that I would try, as I said are.
    Fresh fruit.
    Fresh Veggies.
    Plenty of water.
    Might want to add vitamines to this if you have you heart set but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!
    Do not TRY to do the mater cleanse. That is one of the WORST things that you can do. NO nutritional value and you will toss yourself into starvation mode.
    --Diann...
  • Dropka
    Dropka Posts: 72
    Options
    i tired a cleanse. still included vitamins, minerals, and plant enzymes (all pill forms) and a drink I made myself and drank 8 times a day (only 8 oz each time). I was ok but I'm prone to get headaches and migraines and it gave me one big migraine. the migraine was so bad I couldn't go to work the next day. but a co worker did the same thing and felt great after the program. but you didn't have to by a "product". you made the "tea" or drink yourself.