Going to try to "eating clean"

Options
I met some wonderful people on here that are great motivators. I recently purchased a book on eating clean and feel overwhelmed. If anyone has any tips for me I would greatly appreciate it. I have been trying to lose weight since Feb. and have been successful. I lost about 30 pounds! I am hoping eating clean will help me even more. I have about 30 more pounds to go. If I could add you as a friend also so I could read your "eating clean journal" that would be awesome and so helpful. Thanks!!!

Replies

• fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to add me. I'm not perfect with eating clean but I do try!
  • kate5485
    Options
    I am so excited for you. Don't be overwhelmed, start small. One thing Tosca says in the book is "aim to eat as clean as possible everyday". keyword: AIM. It's a process of getting there. I also can't imagine jumping right in and packing the cooler with the chicken right away. I admire how you log on to MFP everyday and record all your food. You are committed, and because of that I think you will be very successful!

Kate
  • bigapplepie
    bigapplepie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I lost 40 pounds in a year, eating clean and working out 6 times a week. A George Foreman grill was my friend. Always treat yourself 2 or 3 times a week but don't go overboard.
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! One way I found to get started without being overwhelmed was baby steps. Take one meal or one thing you eat that has a clean alternative and work on making that a new habit. Then work on another meal or food and another and so on. Easy switches are things like breads and pastas. You can also switch fruit for things like cookies or desserts. You don't have to make a complete diet overhaul overnight just try to be consistent with the small changes and in no time at all it will feel like second nature. Good luck!
  • KS_4691
    KS_4691 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like :)
  • mikkimomof3
    mikkimomof3 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I could have written your intro!! I just got Tosca Reno's books the other day and I am so overwhelmed by it all. Please add me and we can help each other on this journey!
  • michele040673
    michele040673 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your responses. I actually feel better already!