Broken elliptical, broken heart

Radar330
Radar330 Posts: 15 Member
I broke my elliptical... :o( I can not begin to tell you how sad this makes me. I have found my grove and my equipment fails!! GRRRRRR I finished up on my treadmill but it is not the same. My heart dropped when the ski snapped and I hit the floor. Someone who can play the trumpet please...for my elliptical...one round of taps. I have to replace that burn with something else equally intense. Suggestions?

Replies

• katamus
    katamus Posts: 2,363 Member
    Check craigslist for another elliptical?
  • DaysFlyBy
    DaysFlyBy Posts: 243 Member
    Oh God, you're living my nightmare. My beloved treadmill has fallen quite ill as of late and I haven't the funds to fix it. I've been trying to avoid using it and just replace it with other forms of cardio but nothing yields the burns I got on the treddy. I'm so sad. :'(
  • Radar330
    I`m certainly feelin ya right now. Great weight loss by the way!
  • SmartWhatever
    SmartWhatever Posts: 718 Member
    I'm sorry for your loss. I would just curl up in a corner and cry while ripping my hair out if something ever happened to my elliptical.
    You can order new skis online though.
    Now, a moment of silience....
  • Radar330
    I have to do something soon that`s for sure. Craigs list is not widely used in West Virginia. I used it a lot when I lived in Ohio. It kicks butt there. Nice loss by the way.
  • pants77
    pants77 Posts: 185 Member
    I broke my elliptical last year - apparently going well over the weight limit for 30-60 minutes a day, 4-5 days a week was not good for it...the roller wheels basically disintegrated.

So I FIXED it! And it shall live on forever! :)

Not sure what's wrong with your elliptical but are you sure it's not salvageable? I had to buy two new roller wheels that were like $50 each but swapping them out was pretty easy (I'm not the handiest person in the world) and it saved me hundreds vs buying a new one.
  • Radar330
    Long live the elliptical of Pants!