A Long Journey Ahead of me

Options
I have probably tried every crazy diet plan out there. The liquid diet in the 70s, Richard Simmons dieat cards in the 80s, the cabbage soup diet in the 90s. I have even tried Nutri System and Weight Watchers. Weight Watchers was the only one I had any marginal success with but found that I just needed more support than a 1 hour meeting once a week could provide. A co-worker told me about My Fitness Pal and how she uses it on her phone to track her calories and exercise. It seems to be working for her because I have noticed she's lost probably about 20 pouinds or so. So I decided "what the hell", I've tried everything else, why not this too?

So far I am loving this site!! I have found a few friends here to share my journey with that really do understand what its like to have 100+ pounds to lose. So many of my "ral life" friends try to be supportive but when they are talking about how they need to lose weight and their goal is 10 or 20 pouinds, it's hard for us to be on the same page with a diet plan. They reach their goal in 3 or 4 months and I'm now left with nobody to "be on a diet" with.

I want to lose this weight for many reasons. One of the obvious ones being that I don't like being the fat friend who never wants to shop for clothes with everybody else. My main reason though is that I want to be able to run and play and jump and climb and just have the energy to keep up with two very active grandchildren, and to be around long enough to watch them grow up and then to be able to enjoy retirement (someday) with my hubby. None of this is going to happen unless I do something about my weight and there is no time like the present!

So to anyone who needs a few words of support and/or encouragment during your journey, feel free to add me as a friend. I am committed to logging on here every day and helping my new friends as much as they are helping me too. I know it sounds corny but together we can do this!!!

Replies

• km202
    km202 Posts: 112
    Options
    Friend request sent!
    Hope to be able to motivate you and offer any encouragement or advice you need.
  • Punchie_Chisolm
    Options
    Sending friend request. We can make this happen for both of us!
  • Doxeydoxie
    Options
    I SO relate to what you are saying. I seriously do. Been there..done that!

This time is going to be it! I just KNOW it and feel it!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Gimpdogg
    Gimpdogg Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi I started April 2nd at 326 now a little over five motnhs later i'm at 238 that's 87 down. I know hoe it feels to have over a hundred to lose and how good it feels to be losing it. This sight is amazing and the people on it are awesome. If you need any advice or incouragement never hesitate to ask. Good luck on your journey you can do it!
  • rockingallovertheworld
    Options
    I also love this site,it's like my new best friend! Friend request sent.:flowerforyou:
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Also sending friend request. Down 40, 40 or more to go
  • lvesolich
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • sbowl
    sbowl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I sent friend request
  • juli_jones
    juli_jones Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    37 down 29 to go - it is possible....good luck on your journey!! friend request sent ;-)
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I still have more to go, but I obviously know what it's like to have that much to lose.

With time and determination anyone can do it! Best of luck! :heart: