Chip Alternatives? Advice!

Options
Hey Everyone!

I have this crazy love for chips. Any kind... I love them! But....They need to go! So... Does anybody have any ideas of healthier alternative to chips?
Ive thought about sun chips, baked chips, pretzles and even pita chips...Do you think those would be healthier alternatives?
Ive also thought about home made fruit chips like banana or apple chips, klah chips or even sweet potato chips......
Any thoughts? any recipe ideas?
I am a full time college student so I snack often...I also work two jobs.... so i dont always have alot of time!
Any advice would be great :)

Replies

• mcaffreyg
    mcaffreyg Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    How about popcorn?
    I love to snack on stuff like chips So now I eat popcorn all the time!
    It's low cal and delish! keeps your month busy for a while too
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    Special K makes crisps that are 27 rice chips for 110 calories. I LOVE them.
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    THIS!! :love:
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options

these rock... southwest ranch. really good!!

Popchips are good too.
  • scinamon1
    scinamon1 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I made some homemade crisps by slicing carrot really thinly and baking the pieces. They were really tasty, but could maybe have done with some salt! Someone had a really yummy looking kale recipe on here at some point- might be worth a search! :happy:
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pop chips...they are baked, different flavors. 20 chips is a serving. Jillian Michelson even eats them! :smile:
  • VanessaHeartsMasr
    Options
    A friend of mine makes baked kale chips in the oven with sea salt. I don't know how to make them, but they seem really healthy and I'm sure you could google the recipe.
  • SpringFever19
    SpringFever19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    LOVE the special K cracker chips. And the best (worst) part, is you can eat the whole box and its only 400 some cals. (Don't judge, I know already). Also- homemade popcorn in a brown paper bag in the microwave- good ish.
  • zewolf77
    zewolf77 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've replaced most of my chips with fresh veggies and hummus or some kind of light healthy dip.

If its the crispy crunch you like, I get the Baked variety of Lay's or the Kashi... pita chips I think they are. The Special K chips mentioned above are good.. but dangerous.. get out a serving and hide the box :wink:
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I second the pop chips.
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I saw these on Pinterest and tried it; super yummy!

http://greatist.com/health/recipe-spicy-roasted-chickpeas/
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options

these rock... southwest ranch. really good!!

Popchips are good too.
  • RubyRubixcube
    RubyRubixcube Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    POPCORN! unsalted unflavoured popcorn. It fills you up! with only a tiny amount of calories. If you not too fussed about calories you can flavour it with peanut butter and banana and salt and butter and all sorts of things! I also loooove home made vege chips, recently I thinly sliced some beetroot and put it in a baking dish with a little bit of oil and salt and put it in the oven until they looked crispy enough
  • vulp1x
    vulp1x Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find that rice crackers really curb my chip cravings! The brand I buy is around 110 calories per serving and absolutely amazzzinngggg! So many flavours as well, my favourite is Wasabi because they taste amazing and it is actually impossible to binge on them because they're quite spicy!
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    I've replaced most of my chips with fresh veggies and hummus or some kind of light healthy dip.

If its the crispy crunch you like, I get the Baked variety of Lay's or the Kashi... pita chips I think they are. The Special K chips mentioned above are good.. but dangerous.. get out a serving and hide the box :wink:

Special K now makes those crisps in single-serve bags. I use them for my packed lunches sometimes. Makes portion control much easier.
  • Arunakae
    Options
    Sensible Portions Veggie Straws and Veggie Chips. They're low in calories and fat and come in the perfectly portioned small bags to help avoid overeating.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Baked Kale

Wash and dry Kale and tear into chip size pieces
    spray/toss Kale with olive oil, salt, and cayenne pepper. Bake until crispy at 350 degrees F.
  • dejavu64978
    dejavu64978 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Veggie Straws!!! I get a giant bag from Sam's Club for $5, and they are kinda like french fries but crispy. Really yummy flavor and 130 calories for 38 straws ;-)
  • lcarango
    Options
    I also love potato chips. Sometimes, when I am really craving chips, I eat a Klaussen pickle. Its crunchy and satisfies that saltiness.
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Stacey's Naked Pita Chips!!!