Been here for several months.. would like more support :)

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Lisa and I started MFP in June, so far I've lost 21 lbs. It's not as fast as I want, but I have to learn to be patient and do it the right way with long term effects, no shortcuts. I've got about 120lbs more to lose and would love to have more support from others on the same journey.

So far, this has been the most effective plan I've been on. I've tried diet pills, WW, Nutrisystem, low carb diet and nothing has really worked besides this site; plus it's free, which is great for a gal with a tight budget :) I love the support, recipe swap, and general info you get from a number of people.

I hope to hear from some of you soon :smile:

Replies

• Vicstar1977
    Options
    Hi Lisa, 21lbs is 21lbs! Fast never works in the long run. I love the support on this site too, sending a request :smile:
  • honey_bee_keysha
    honey_bee_keysha Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa! Congrats on your weight loss so far. I would be more than happy to help support you or anyone else during their weight loss journey.

I am sending you a request. Feel free to add me everyone else.
  • LCgymnast
    Options
    Welcome Welcome! I'm so excited that you are reaching your goals and doing it the right way. Like you said not taking shortcuts and trying to just get short term effects. I can't wait to hear how you're doing with your goals as the days and weeks go by. I'll add you for sure for extra support and motivation.

PS. My name is Lisa too!!
  • melanielb73
    melanielb73 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!!! This site is great and you will find alot of support and motivation. Sending friend request- anyone else can add me as well
  • Xited
    Xited Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa, here to help, request sent!
  • jleach
    jleach Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Your already doing better than I am. I would like more support as well, add me.
  • anniemae225
    anniemae225 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Anyone!! I always need more support.
  • myohana4
    myohana4 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Request sent!! And Support you will get! We can do this!!!
  • cprice05
    cprice05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request. I would like more friends too...it has definitely been slow going for me.
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. been here since december 28th, 2010. have been maintaining for almost a year and a half. happy to help.
  • marthadztx
    marthadztx Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    You need to have a lot of patience. I have been losing weight slowly but surely. About 5lbs a month. I wouldnt do it any other way. Congrats to you 21lbs gone!:flowerforyou:
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Hey Lisa, you'll find lots of great support and help here. Feel free to add me if you like. I'll help keep you going and kicking *kitten*. Best of luck to you!
  • Victoria0046
    Victoria0046 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Wow! 21 lb lost is great! Good job! Request sent.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place for support! Those other systems you've tried are certainly not for everyone.

Congrats on 21 pounds! That's a great start! You can do it!

Sent you a request :smile:
  • marlopaterson
    Options
    Hi! 21 pounds is fantastic! Anyone can add me... I've been on my journey for a little over a year. I've had ups and downs, but I just keep on plugging.

18198566.png[/url]
  • chanixxx
    Options
    Hey Lisa! Good for you!!! I am happy for you losing 21LBS! you are so free to add me, I will do my best :)
  • krainbird
    krainbird Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Request sent. I'm on this journey to loss weight and need accountability. Anyone who wants to add me, please do!
  • brendanstallard
    brendanstallard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Lisa,

I don't reckon the "systems" are much cop. You got to really be responsible for what's going into your body at all times. Sometimes the counting and shocking quantity of miserable carbs is a horror show.

You gotta walk, run, swim, cycle, hike, but honestly, shape wise, the most effective thing I've ever seen to work on ladies frames at my gym is a well managed and designed weights program. They stick to that and they are sticks, but shapely in no time.

I've lost 140lbs or so since last October, but I had surgery issues which won't be most peoples thing. I can't really eat proper food any more. So it's the vitamix and drinks. In January I could only walk a mile and was cheese and crackered for the entire day. Today I walked five miles in 85 mins, and swam a mile afterwards.

Support, we do all sorts. Humour, self abnegation, punishment with paddles, curses, carrots, sticks. We're known for fifty ways of support:)

Good luck, dig in.

brendan
  • Lisa_Rhodes
    Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Ahh, y'all are too awesome!! Thanks for the responses and requests.

PS - I love giving support as much as I love receiving. Everyone needs some love :)
  • snoopyfan88001
    Options
    Kudos for the 21 lb. loss! Remember we don't gain it overnight, it ain't coming off overnight. You have accomplished a lot! Add me as a friend of you'd like. I'll support you! :smile: