My Picture

I had to have a picture taken of myself today and I was shocked at how I looked. I am 21 pounds heavier than I should be and I didn't think I looked how I do. People tell me I am a pretty girl but honestly today i felt like an ugly girl. I really need to get this excess 21 pounds removed. Feeling not too good about myself but I have to keep plugging along hopefully MFP will get the smile back on my face.

Replies

• jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Sorry that it was such a rude awakening for you :cry:

But you can take it off! Then you can be a lot more confident for those future pictures!
  • boxynova
    boxynova Posts: 19 Member
    Thanks. Yeah I will get it off. OMG how awesome for you to have lost 124 pounds that is unreal. Have you just strictly done MFP?
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    I did about 95 pounds on my own over a few years, just by mainly changing little things in my diet. Then I found the weight wasn't coming off as easily so I joined MFP almost a year ago (after a huge thanksgiving feast where I stepped on the scale and almost cried lol), and have lost about another 30 pounds with it. If I had found it sooner, I know my journey would've taken half as long. Thanks for noticing though :flowerforyou:
  • rmojo13
    rmojo13 Posts: 80 Member
    Scary how seeing yourself in a picture can be an eye opener. I can relate. I saw a picture of myself at the beach with my boys with no shirt on and am embarrassed to look at it again. I'd say to use that picture of yourself as motivation.

I joined a few days ago and after reading many success stories feel that this is an awesome place to be to be inspired and to get the support I need to lose the weight. I'm sure you will be able to lose your weight if you log your food and exercise every day. Good luck!