Busy college student looking for some tips and support!

Options
Hey everyone!
I recently just moved to USC over in California and I was just looking to continue MFP over here in SoCal and was wondering if any other college students (or graduated students) had any tips for continuing in college, especially with dorm food :)
Feel free to add me!
-Jasmine

Replies

• twinkystars
    Options
    Ok. I go to school and stuff so I get you... we have all this fast food stuff right down the street.... Don't go to mcds and if you do get the dollar salad. try to bring your own food from home. Take a pe class or something that way you're at least getting some like physical activity. You'll stay awesome :))
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    does your campus have healthy options? most do...I would do some research, and definitely do some of your own grocery shopping if you have a refrigerator where you can keep things :)
  • lilprincess1026
    lilprincess1026 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i gained 16 lbs last year because of the school food. and I'm still trying to get it off
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I'm a grad student. Not sure if you live in an apt or dorm but at my apt I cook big batches of food staples like beans and quinoa and use them in several meals for a few days. That way I cant bee too lazy to cook since the longest part is already done. I also make it a goal to exercise regularly either at home, the gym or with a friend.
  • adietron
    Options
    I'm a grad student. Not sure if you live in an apt or dorm but at my apt I cook big batches of food staples like beans and quinoa and use them in several meals for a few days.
    Same vote here. Even if you don't have your own kitchen, visit a friend off campus on the weekend and make a huge pot of soup for the week.
  • mybrownstar
    Options
    Hi Jasmine, I just joined Friday, so I'm pretty new. I find using the calorie counter on my phone to be useful. I live in very rural Alaska, which means that I do not have fast food staring at me in the face all the time. It also means that the "good stuff." fresh fruits and veggies are not easy to acquire. Keeping up with everything I eat on here helps me know what I can and can't have.

On top of having a full time job, I'm also a full time grad student with an internship. I know how difficult it can be to try to squeeze in a workout!