HOLY CRAP!

Options
I just made pancakes out of bananas. HOLY CRAP THAT WAS GOOD!..

I found it on pinterest. Basically you mash up a banana with 2 eggs (I only used the whites, but the recipe I found used the whole egg) sprinkly in some cinnamon and make it like a pancake.

Replies

• jlohren
    jlohren Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome, and healthy! No wonder you have lost so much weight! :)
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,783 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. May have to try that one day
  • Missysaurus_Rex
    Options
    Holy crap is right, that sounds fantabulous. Did you use any syrups or anything?
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Holy crap is right, that sounds fantabulous. Did you use any syrups or anything?

Nope. I'm not a syrup person. They tasted fine without them.
  • LottieLou13
    LottieLou13 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.... need to get me some nannas :smile:
  • LEhardison
    LEhardison Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hhmmmmmmmm sounds awesome will have to try it.
  • natuhlay
    natuhlay Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    From my personal experience making these, I found that they just tasted like eggs with a little bit of sweetness... Disappointing, seeing as though it sounded like a great idea. :(
    Maybe I was doing something wrong? Who knows. I was thinking about trying it again with 1 egg instead, but I don't know if it makes much of a difference.

Any advice?
  • mychef
    mychef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    i might have to make them in the morning sound really good:smile::smile: :smile:
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Never would have thought of it! Thanks for sharing!
  • PandaPants0612
    PandaPants0612 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I need to pick up bananas and eggs now because that sounds delicious :)

Thanks for sharing!
  • skonly
    skonly Posts: 371
    Options
    I have tried this but they didn't flip. lol. Ended up looking really funky but I ate them anyway, I waste nothing. Tasted great.

Someone message me if there is a secret to actually getting it to turn out looking like a pancake please. It's a simple concept and I can cook but something just didn't work.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    A while ago, someone posted a recipe on here for making "pancakes" using egg whites, instant oatmeal, and bananas. Makes a dense, and very filling pancake-like food that's delicious. The banana has to be ripe, but not overripe.

I think the cals in the post below include the yogurt on top, if you go that route. Could probably throw in some ground flax as well. This isn't the original post that I was thinking of, but stuff gets repeated around here, so this post will give you the idea.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/660176-oatmeal-banana-pancakes?hl=oatmeal+banana+pancake#posts-9592912
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is a first. So planning on trying these one day soon! And in my mind, I wouldn't think you'd need syrup. Bananas are plenty sweet...at least for me.
  • mychef
    mychef Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Made them this morning and god where they good :love: :love: :noway: :heart:
  • maryloo2011
    Options
    I've been making those for a long time - 4 servings of All Whites (128g of egg whites) and 1/2 banana = 1 pancake. Mix it up, throw it in a small pan over medium heat. Don't expect it to taste like a pancake but it's pretty good for what it is!

I drizzle some warm, creamy Bell Plantation PB2 over them :) Excellent after a spinning class AND I've made these in a batch and freeze them, thaws fine. Just have to paper-towel the water out as egg whites (at least the All Whites) can be a little watery and nuke it for a minute or so.
  • Jester522
    Options
    Hmm, sounds pretty good and simple. Still love me my protein pancakes. Waiting till pumpkin comes around more to make em.. yeeaaahhh