Water Mixers???

Options
Does anyone know if the water mixers like Crystal Lite and Lipton count as water intake? (The sugar-free ones of course)

Thanks, Ronni :)

Replies

• Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Assuming you are mixing them with water I would say thy sure do. I have been using a product called BLOX from BPI, it's an amino acid powder which does the same thing as those powders but has the added benefit of being an amino acid supplement. Th added flavor really helps me care enough to drink a lot of water.
  • Danied13
    Danied13 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yep it counts as water, but some of those ingredients can be pretty shady. Fresh fruit steeped in water can add great, natural flavor. I HATE lemon water, but oranges, limes, and raspberries taste pretty good.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I never count those as water. Just like I would never count a cup of juice as water just because there's water in it. the water count to me is plain water, nothing added.
  • Kellidianne
    Kellidianne Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Cucmber water is also very refreshing and I saw a post on Pinterest that used apple slices and a stick of cinnamon... I really want to try that one.
  • TTHeart
    Options
    Be careful which ones you put in there, some can have quite a bit of sodium in them adding to water retention. I use them all the time and I count it as water. According to my dietician it is perfectly acceptable to do so. Just keep drinking that water, plain or flavored its all good for you. Best of Luck in your journey!

Teresa
  • K_Smith86
    Options
    Yep it counts as water, but some of those ingredients can be pretty shady. Fresh fruit steeped in water can add great, natural flavor. I HATE lemon water, but oranges, limes, and raspberries taste pretty good.

So this! They do count as water intake, but using fresh fruits taste a million times better, and you can get pretty creative with the fruits you use, and create your own flavor. I have some of the water packets in my desk at work when I can't make my own flavored water. They're pretty handy, especially if you don't like drinking plain water.
  • irishchick874
    Options
    I never count those as water. Just like I would never count a cup of juice as water just because there's water in it. the water count to me is plain water, nothing added.

^^^^^ This
  • nmingo1
    nmingo1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I agree with Danied13. Counts as water, but be mindful of the other additives.
  • rsamassa1103
    Options
    Ok thanks, I will look in to that. Congratulations on your progress!!! :)

Ronni
  • rsamassa1103
    Options
    Thanks so much, I really appreciate it!

Ronni :)
  • rsamassa1103
    Options
    Ok great, thanks so much!!! That's a relief to hear :)

Best wishes to you as well!!!

Ronni :)
  • rsamassa1103
    Options
    Ok thanks so much :)

Ronni
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Its a beverage to me if it has dye and aspartame.
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking water with Mio through out my diet - it has not hindered my progress.
  • jensfitpal2012
    jensfitpal2012 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I was told by my doctor to watch those mixers because of the additives,sodium and amt.of aspartame. I like to drink both cold and hot lemon water.sometimes I make lemon,lime,or orange.BEst of luck to you.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You should be counting those as water. The only thing I don't count as water is fruits and veggies - because that would be really hard to try to figure out..lol.

not counting any liquid you drink - whether it be water, soda, tea, coffee, etc - can be dangerous...especially if you are still pushing to do about 8 glasses of just plain water a day. This could lead you to risk becoming over-hydrated.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Why don't you count them as water? It's like 99% water, you body will separate the water from everything else and utilize it just the same.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Sure, you are still getting hydrated even if you have mixed something into the water.
    I don't like the taste of artificial sweeteners so I wouldn't use them, but if you like them, go for it.

Alternatively you can add a squeeze of lemon juice to your water or even drink very diluted juice instead of water. You are still getting the liquid, you just need to account for the extra cals/sugar if you are adding juice or cordial or anything else with calories.
  • dunyea1
    dunyea1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    i m drinking cucumber,lemon n mint water n its really helping me out:) best of luck to u all
  • rsamassa1103
    Options
    After some additional research (me using the mixers for a week :), I found that they made my legs swell like plump turkey legs!!! I was so disappointed about this because I was really drinking all of my water. Then I started reading about the effects of Aspartame can have on you body and it is not worth the long-term damage it can do to your body. My friend gave me some mixers with natural sugar and they work fine regarding water consumption. Please be careful when consuming a lot of products with fake sugar. I had to learn the hard way. Most of the swelling has gone down, Thank God! Be sure to pay attention to your body.

God Bless, Ronni :)