Do you keep old pics of yourself in view for motivation?

Options
I found that I had deleted (or had them meet a firey death) all of the old pics of me in my heavier weight, but now I wish maybe I had kept them around. That way I could look at one everyday and say, "Yup! That's what I'm working to avoid!"

Do you keep motivational pics around? Of you at a bigger or smaller size? Or maybe of a actress or actor you wish you looked like? Or maybe of someone you are looking to impress (children, spouse, Channing Tatum) lol?

Do you find it to be helpful?

Replies

• stacey1981
    stacey1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to keep not only pics of when I was bigger, but pics of my progress. It helps me because I am able to see the changes.
  • jmeyer925
    jmeyer925 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I find it helpful to keep not only pics of when I was bigger, but pics of my progress. It helps me because I am able to see the changes.

Do you print out the pics or keep them on a phone or camera? Put them up?
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    definitely use old pics as motivation. see?

<---- :wink:

i save mine on my phone
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I've deleted lots of progress pictures and some on my phone of when I was bigger... just because I didnt want anyone else to be on my phone and see them. I wish i would have kept them on my computer at least.
  • ullgetthere
    Options
    I take my walks at the outlets and imagine the clothes on the mannequin on myself. I don't like to keep old pics, I'm more of a look towards the future gal :)
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    No, I don't really have pictures of myself. I can see how that would be helpful though.
    I'm mostly just focusing on how I look/feel everyday and letting that be my motivation to better myself.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I decided to lose weight finally, I took starting pictures and measurements. Every milestone or 4 months, I take more pictures. They're in a semi-hidden folder on my computer and I sometimes compare them to see if my body's changed in ways I can't see. I still have the biggest pair of jeans I wore, just so I can try them on again at 100# gone and at my UGW of 140ish.
  • laurenellenmarie
    laurenellenmarie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I have pictures of me in High School (where I want to get back to)
    Pictures of me at my heaviest (Where I want to NEVER get back to)
    and even a few progress pictures. :wink:
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    When I decided to lose weight finally, I took starting pictures and measurements. Every milestone or 4 months, I take more pictures. They're in a semi-hidden folder on my computer and I sometimes compare them to see if my body's changed in ways I can't see. I still have the biggest pair of jeans I wore, just so I can try them on again at 100# gone and at my UGW of 140ish.

Keeping that pair of jeans was a great idea!:smile:
  • Cassandrat83
    Options
    My prof pic- and every pic from our last holidays a month ago. It wasn't until I saw these that I realised exactly bad I had gotten. I just need to take one look at them to kill any craving.
  • celebrity328
    celebrity328 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    My biggest pictures are from my wedding so I cant get rid of those. However, I do have pictures of my progress over the last year and I do look at them a lot :)! If I am having a bad day or sad about my progress I just look in my phone and see what I use to be. It is very motivational to me.

I also have a size 22 pair of jeans I kept as a reminder and dont think I will ever get rid of those :) Its so awesome to put those things on and almost fit two legs into one pant leg!
  • Antlady69
    Antlady69 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    HELL NO! There are only VERY few photos of me. Why would I want to look at my face all the time? Having lost a few pounds doesn't make people look any better, they only look slimmer. That's a huge difference!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    yes!!!!!!! i have one on my refrigerator so every time i go into the kitchen to get something i have to look at it. i never want to go back there. keeps me grounded.
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I definitely have pics of me at my highest (about 100 pounds ago) and keep them around for motivation!

I wish that i had taken more pictures of my progress... You know, like every 10 pounds or so? Those side by side pics that show progress over time are pretty freakin cool!
  • Josedavid
    Josedavid Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Of course I keep a lot of pictures of me when I was obese... If I delete them I would delete part of my life and I am not ashamed of my life.

On top of that I dont only keep them for myself but I use them in my own benefit too. I am now Personal Trainer and my old pictures are my best marketing ever

:)

By the way... all of you who would need/want/feel curious about my day to day you can add me as a friend! New people is always welcome to my friendlist!
  • JAMProphet
    JAMProphet Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have lots of old pictures of myself, including a bunch of pictures at different intervals of my weight loss.

I also have one of my old outfits from when I was at my heaviest that I like to take out and show people so they can see what I used to wear
  • NoCoolUsername
    NoCoolUsername Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    <
    I have this picture amongst others as my motivation, they are all on my iPhone and iPad and I look at them all the time to keep me on track.
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    Yes pictures and the belt. I wear the same belt as a daily reminder of the place I neve am going back to!
  • stacey1981
    stacey1981 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I have them up on my profile at a different site, and I have them on my computer.
  • jmeyer925
    Options
    Haha think I just need to print out pics and put them everywhere I would feel tempted to eat or be lazy! Along with captions like, "Stop slacking!", "You're not going back to THIS!", "Put the ho ho down and step away slowly".