Favorite fast food?

Options
No, I'm not talking about McDonald's... I want to know what your favorite meals are that require hardly any time, effort, or prior planning!

Today, on my way home from spinning class, I decided I was going to make arepas for dinner. I had masarepa on hand, and salt, and a little bit of butter, and that is all I need to make these cornmeal cakes. I mixed some masarepa with warm water and a pinch of salt, and let that sit while I heated a pinch of butter in the skillet. I started making an improvised topping to go with it-- I had a tomato, and part of an avocado, and some red onion I could slice thinly to make a salad. I mixed everything together with some salt and lime juice, and at the last minute decided to throw in some olives for an extra punch of flavor.

I formed the arepas into cakes and put them on the hot skillet. They take about 5 minutes to crisp up on each side, so I cleaned the kitchen and finished the salad while one side cooked. Then I flipped them, went on MFP to put all this food into my diary, read a few emails, and pulled them off the skillet. I sliced two in half and topped with the avocado/tomato/onion/olive salad. It was delicious. And, less than half an hour had passed between getting home and finishing dinner.

What are your favorite "fast foods"?

Replies

• EvaChan83
    Options
    I love a three bean salad, open up a couple cans and toss some apple cider vinegar and olive oil in there and your done iin 5 mins!
  • KyliAnne26
    KyliAnne26 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I keep spicy sechuan (sp?) sauce on hand and a frozen bag of asian stir fry veggies. Mix with chicken or firm tofu if you like - literally takes 10 minutes and is delicious!!
  • ReyneDrop
    ReyneDrop Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    "Trail mix" made with 1 oz of raisins and 1/2 oz of almonds. Usually eat that for a morning snack during classes.

Toast with applesauce (when I forget to eat, I eat sick, and that's pretty much all I can stomach).

Other than that, I'm pretty lazy. If I'm hungry and don't have food prepared ahead of time (ie, flavoring my yogurts), I just won't eat... A bad habit I'm trying to break lol
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Toasted bagel with cookie butter spread :-)