Fitbit One

Options
I use the Fitbit Ultra, and with MFP, I attribute them to my success. They just announced a new product, the Fitbit One today and I'm wondering what you think of it. I have no affiliation or financial disclosures to make. Thoughts?

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/09/new-fitbits-can-sync-with-iphones-androids-via-bluetooth-4-0/?comments=1#comments-bar

Replies

• afieldsmd
    afieldsmd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I think the new ones are good if you have an iPhone 4s or 5 as they sink directly to it. I think they are more water resistant too. The cheaper one ( think its the zip) first do stairs or sleep.
  • AmandaTWaH
    AmandaTWaH Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    The only real difference is the bluetooth to sync with phones. Cool extra feature but I won't be upgrading.
  • afieldsmd
    afieldsmd Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wife offered to take the old one. Zip doesn't do stairs. I'm considering as I have an iphone 4s.
  • heruman
    heruman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Based on this recent marketing video (http://youtu.be/py8VYg2tY38), the bluetooth syncing capability will definitely work with "select smartphones", MAC, and personal computers. Although I am a striiv user, I am sold on the bluetooth sync, the 4-6 month battery life, multiple smartphone platform apps, MFP sync, and sleep tracking capabilities. I may have to break down and get one when it is available on or about October 25th.
  • cynam
    cynam Posts: 22
    Options
    The only real difference is the bluetooth to sync with phones. Cool extra feature but I won't be upgrading.

Which one do you have? I'm new to MFP & would love to get a FitBit, but I don't know which one I'd rather have.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I just got my fitbit ultra in April. I would LOVE the sync ability and vibrate awake feature of the fitbit one, but my budget is really tight right now and buying pants that don't fall off is a higher priority than the fitbit upgrade. I'm kind of hoping they will offer some kind of upgrade discount that will make it attainable. But until then, syncing once a day when I get home at the end of the day will have to do.
  • mjterp
    mjterp Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    get the ultra or the one. they both track flights of stairs and sleep. I didn't think I would use the sleep feature, but after discovering (from my activity level on fitbit) that I sleepwalk, it has been WELL worth it!