Did you keep your "fat pants"?

Options
I was cleaning out my closet this weekend and I came across my "fat pants" .. I remember finally accepting that I had gotten that big and went and spent real money on a nice outfit - pants, blouse, jacket. I got rid of all of my other "fat" clothes when I moved, but kept that one outfit. Kind of a reminder I guess.

I tossed the outfit in the salvation army pile, but today I saw a few pictures of people at their goal weight posing in their fat pants. I started questioning getting rid of the pants.

Did you keep any of your "fat" clothes? Does it make you feel good, to see how far you've come?

Replies

• Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Yes, I kept one pair of my "fat jeans" and I gave away all of the rest of my "fat clothes" to family, friends or donated to good will.

Once a month I put the jeans on to see just how far I've come - a lot! It's a great motivator on those days where you just cannot find the strength to exercise, or when you're emotional and want to binge.

In the past I've always kept the fat clothes in case I gained the weight back, but not this time.
  • Josh2040
    Josh2040 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm wearing my fats pants only because I have lost so much in the past few months that the new uniforms I ordered haven't shown up yet. It look so funny with all the extra fabric around the wasteline.
  • skellyness
    skellyness Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I get rid of all of the bigger clothing pretty much - don't want there to be any way for me to not be very bothered about gaining the weight back
  • HelenDootson
    HelenDootson Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Yes - The day I signed up I saw a photo on here of a lady in one leg of here fat pants and her kids in the other leg, I want a photo like that!!
  • uwdawg07
    Options
    This summer I went through all my clothes and donated all my fat clothes. I was keeping a few around as a reminder, but I decided I didn't need it. I know I never want to go back there and seeing how fat I used to be was depressing!