Too Much Water

Options
If I am drinking on average 7-10 bottles of water a day is that to much?

I never think about drinking water, all I ever do is when i get thirsty I grab a bottle and drink it. I don't slam it but over the course of about 30 mins I will drink it. And that goes on all day. I am an engineer so I sit at a desk, so I'm not moving around to much.

I started drinking water instead of having a coke and I wounder if i drink to much water now.

Replies

• BossReyes
    BossReyes Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    If I am drinking on average 7-10 bottles of water a day is that to much?

I never think about drinking water, all I ever do is when i get thirsty I grab a bottle and drink it. I don't slam it but over the course of about 30 mins I will drink it. And that goes on all day. I am an engineer so I sit at a desk, so I'm not moving around to much.

I started drinking water instead of having a coke and I wounder if i drink to much water now.
    2-3 gallons a day is great.

I drink 1-2 gallons a day. Just don't go and do like 5 gallons in a hour.
  • ClairBears84
    ClairBears84 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I think that depends on hwo much you weigh etc and how much water is in each bottle?! I do know that you can drink to much though.
  • NewAngel35
    NewAngel35 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    too much of anything can be bad. My doctor told me you can flush your system too much..taking vital minerals and vitamins etc...but ten 0.5ltre bottles aint too bad.
  • amateurdude
    amateurdude Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication#Prevention

"Healthy kidneys are able to excrete approximately 1 litre of fluid water (0.26 gallons) per hour. However, stress (from prolonged physical exertion), as well as disease states, can greatly reduce this amount."

It's extremely difficult to do any damage from drinking too much, you'll know if you need to cut back on water.
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I drink between 6 and 8 glasses a day. (about 4 pints)
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    For me it's 2.5litres on rest days, 3.5litres on training days.
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I drink at least 1 gallon everyday. Ive had no issues.
  • Josh2040
    Josh2040 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    OK so it seems like the 10 or so .5 liter bottle I drink pretty much every day is not to bad then Thanks everyone.