I need a brutally honest weight loss buddy!

Options
Hi guys, Im Sarah. Ive been on and off MFP for months but Ive had enough of yo-yo-ing. I need a buddy that wont say 'Awwww its ok, just behave tomorrow and it will all be fine'
I can do it for others but I totally suck at kicking myself up the @ss!
I have the willpower of a 5 year old in a sweetshop and not much more in the way of self control. I know Im an emotional eater and I do try really hard not to let my gut rule my head but Im failing! A psychotherapist friend of mine said Im a 'Self Saboteur' because I dont feel worthy of having a nice figure (far too deep a convo for me to really grip but you get the gist of it)
I really really want to do it this time. I have 22lbs that need to disappear and then a further 7 that would just be for kudos (I havent been 9st 7lbs since I was a teen!)
162lbs might not seem too bad but I am SHORT! At 5'2 I look and feel like a weeble! So please, if anyone needs a brutally honest buddy and can do the same for me Id really appreciate it!

Replies

• Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I can do that.

^_^
  • seanorawe
    seanorawe Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Stopping pissing about and get some nuts you pathetic little dweeb :explode:

Something like that?
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Ooooh YEAH! Just like that! If I could hire a drill sergeant I would!
  • DebraAukett
    DebraAukett Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I like motivating people :-)
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    I can be that a-hole
  • viclaw81
    Options
    A psychotherapist friend of mine said Im a 'Self Saboteur'

I got told the same thing by a hypnotist! You can help me, I'll help you! :) x
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I have the willpower of a 5 year old in a sweetshop and not much more in the way of self control. I know Im an emotional eater and I do try really hard not to let my gut rule my head but Im failing! A psychotherapist friend of mine said Im a 'Self Saboteur' because I dont feel worthy of having a nice figure (far too deep a convo for me to really grip but you get the gist of it)

If we're allowed to be brutally honest: why not confront this aspect of your life, deal with it and overcome the self-control issues. (By deal with it, seek the help of a suitable therapist... perhaps your friend can help?)
    162lbs might not seem too bad but I am SHORT! At 5'2 I look and feel like a weeble!

On the bright side, you might wobble but you won't fall down.
  • okidoki7
    okidoki7 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i think i need the same lol...am so great at helping others, but lack belief in myself...i need to be told "yes, you can do it" blah blah...no belly rub just a little (huge) nudge in the right direction....i'll support you if you like :happy:
  • Kimjanebrooks
    Kimjanebrooks Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I'll help you!!
  • SnokkiBear2012
    Options
    feel free to add me and i sure i can do that for you
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    This sounds fab. I am working hard but i think every1 in this journey could always do with that little extra push. I need telling off because i dont think i eat enough veggies. Feel free to add me :)
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I find logging all my food and comparing diaries keeps me motivated. Might be worth a go, to see how well other are doing and trying to emulate them. It's also nice to see when you have made better choices than them as it's like a small pat on the back of how well you are doing.

Feel free to add me if you'd like, but I am not the Windsor Davies Sergeant Major type LOL
  • Rho_Ro
    Rho_Ro Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hiya Sarah. I have been a yo-yo dieter for years putting on more weight than I ever lost. I'm now 55 and THIS IS IT, I'm not doing this again lol!! I'm the lightest I've been since the mid to late 90's and whilst it feels really good it seems sooooo strange. I have one MVP friend and she is fantastic. I give her honest feedback as she does me. Thing is, I'm not a two word supporter, I tend to express myself in sentences rather than phrases lol, and I love humour. Oh and if I goof I laugh it off and box on and I've done that a bit lately. If you would like my support it's here, feel free to contact me.

Downwards and Inwards.

Cheers, Rhonda
  • twonkieone
    Options
    Stopping pissing about and get some nuts you pathetic little dweeb :explode:

Something like that?

omg ~ friend me too!!! :angry:
  • Lityboy
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I´ll help as much as I can and always be honest about your progress.

Take care.

Chuck.
  • cwmw
    cwmw Posts: 30
    Options
    Can friend me too !:ohwell:
  • tpow1196
    tpow1196 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow, its really cool to see everybody on here willing to help out! I'm new to MFP, only started 8/27. If anybody wants to add me that would be great. I'm at that "I've lost 10lbs and that was the easy part"stage. I've got a LONG way to go. I'm willing to cheer anybody on that needs it too. My family and friends are kinda tired of hearing me go on and on about this lol.

Good Luck!
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I think I could manage a little butt kicking :), feel free to add me
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    All, feel free to add me.....I WILL be honest and will look at your food/exercise diary from time to time and WILL comment. I have 24lbs to lose by 10th December 2012 (goal weight 9.7st). I exercise about 4-5 time per week and enjoy it. I eat as healthily as possible but, I do have the odd treat factored in (the treat is my "Homemade Oatmeal Cookie" at 145 cals each - delicious. :wink:
  • Damion72
    Damion72 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. I'm looking for the same thing.