need help eating more calories!!

Options
GenBB
GenBB Posts: 23 Member
This is my 3rd day on mfp and i'm having a hard time eating all the calories that is suggested for me. i'm not exercising yet - just trying to watch what i eat for a couple of weeks before i get started on an exercise regimen. every evening i still have 400-600 calories left to eat. tonight i still have 435 cal, 75 carbs, 11 fat, 2 protein, & 4 grams of fiber..........and honestly i'm not hungry ! i just ate 2 blueberry waffles w/ 1/4 cup sugar free syrup & 2 cups of popcorn cuz i had like 600 calories left to eat. Please help !!

Replies

• indiankel
    indiankel Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I just finished dinner and still have about 700 calories left! I earned extra calories by working out today. My question is...when working out do I need to eat all the calories I have burned? It's a little confusing. I have wondered why I have been stuck on a certain weight for the past week and a half. Anyone have any answers for us?
  • KylieE
    KylieE Posts: 40
    Options
    Apparently, you are supposed to eat your exercise calories because it helps your metabolism. That is what I have read through other forums on mfp. It is hard to eat them all usually!
  • stacey76
    stacey76 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    LOL, You ladies are killing me! I am on a 1700 calorie a day diet and RARELY stay at that amount, I'm always over!!! I'm a very picky eater so it's hard to find "good" things to fill me up and stay at my goal. I wish I had your guys problem! Good luck!
    Stacey
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options
    I have the same issue every single day. I simply make sure that my foods are as whole as possible and I don't fear the fat. That way, even if I go under my calorie recommendation, I'm still getting as much nutrition as possible. I ssnack on nuts, peanut butter, and sometimes I use shakes. ****(I only use nutrition shakes or protien shakes as my doctor allows and ONLY for making up calories as a last option. Not slimfast or ensure, I buy the HMR shakes from my doctor)****

You can hide good calories in your meals by cooking with olive oil. I also use full fat dressings that I make myself or I use Bolthouse Farms yougurt dressings. I find that 1 tbsp is enough over 2 cups of salad rather than 2.

Its only been 3 days, so you may find that you will get hungrier as time goes on. Especially when you add exercise. Just make sure your foods are as whole as possible.

Hope that helps a little.
    Holly
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    i dont eat all my calories from working out. Its just a guess on those...I do eat some though but I always try to stay under.
    I dont have the problem though of being way under (if I didnt work out) .
    Where are you lacking? Is breakfast too low...or another meal? If each meal is about 300 calories and you have 3 snacks of 100 thats 1200 right there. My snacks are way over the 300 mark though. Even fruit is above 100 just add some peanut butter and its more. Drink some milk if you need some extra calories.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    What a great problem to have! I am eating just 1450 calories a day and they seem to disappear way too fast! I would suggest cups of yogurt, with walnuts and/or blueberries; a can of sardines with a few saltines; 1/2 of a grilled chicken breast on a bed of your favorite salad greens (arugula, romaine, green leaf) with a bleu cheese salad dressing; 2 glasses of wine!!!!!!!!
    IF only I had calories left at the end of the day!

361266.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • topcat0103
    topcat0103 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling I have only started watching my calorie intake and yes I have struggled with my weight for quite a while, and I am struggling to reach the 1200 calorie mark and have been told that my body is in starvation mode - what am I suppose to do, I already have a deficit this week of 930 calories, can someone please help what am I to do.
  • GenBB
    GenBB Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your posts !! I will def try your suggestions ;)
  • ractayjon
    Options
    Add more calories to each meal so that you dont have so many left at night. Add 100 calories to breakfast, 50 to your am snack, 150 to your lunch, 100 to your afternoon snac - that way instead of a 600 calorie need in the evening you may have 200 left to eat. If you spread the calories throughout the day you wont even notice that your eating them.

Eat your exercise calories. MFP figures a deficit in your calories when they figure your calorie amount...so if you workout eat that (or most of them).
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I don't know how many calories you need per day but I find getting to 1200 or 1300 quite easy.
    I try to eat most of my calories for breakfast, lunch and snack and have a light dinner.
    e.g. cereal with milk and a banana is approx 350 calories
    a whole wheat wrap with avocado, olives, veggies and hummus for lunch is approx 400 calories.
    I'll snack on an orange, maybe some nuts or pumpkin seeds and I have a small amount of chocolate every day just so I don't feel deprived. That all adds about 300 calories
    Dinner might be a salad with some fish or chicken or a baked potato with steamed veggies. Another 250 calories.

Beans, seeds and nuts are a good way to get a lot of calories in a small portion.

Good luck!
  • imlne
    imlne Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this message board.
    This question Coltsfam has is something I always contemplated. I want to lose weight so shouldn't I eat less and exercise more. What is the down fall with eating less then the expected calories?

Thanks guys