My Story

Healthier_Me
Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
I copied & pasted what's on my profile :laugh:
I'm a bit lazy to type right now.

I've been battling with my weight ever since I got pregnant with my first child (7 years ago). I am finally at a healthy point in my life. Ever since I began using this website to lose weight, my asthma has been under control and I am so thankful. I have reached my weight goal of 125 pounds and have lost a few more... have been maintaining for 3 months so far!

I can finally run without feeling queazy, dizzy or like I'm about to die (a bit dramatic I know :sad: )
I am falling in love with my body and will be wearing a swimsuit for the very first time in I don't know how long... 20something years maybe?? A bit scared, nervous, excited... but I will do it and I know all of my MFPers will be cheering me on.

Losing weight using the MFP tools is possible!!!!
Eat your calories... INCLUDING THE CALORIES YOU BURN DURING EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:

Replies

• Healthier_Me

I've been battling with my weight ever since I got pregnant with my first child (7 years ago). I am finally at a healthy point in my life. Ever since I began using this website to lose weight, my asthma has been under control and I am so thankful. I have reached my weight goal of 125 pounds and have lost a few more... have been maintaining for 3 months so far!

I can finally run without feeling queazy, dizzy or like I'm about to die (a bit dramatic I know :sad: )
    I am falling in love with my body and will be wearing a swimsuit for the very first time in I don't know how long... 20something years maybe?? A bit scared, nervous, excited... but I will do it and I know all of my MFPers will be cheering me on.

Losing weight using the MFP tools is possible!!!!
    Eat your calories... INCLUDING THE CALORIES YOU BURN DURING EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member

YAY,Joanna!!
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Darn tootin' we are.

You rock the casbaugh Jo-Jo!!! (ou foxy thing you)

:love:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

-J
  • Healthier_Me
    Darn tootin' we are.

You rock the casbaugh Jo-Jo!!! (ou foxy thing you)

:love:

:heart: :heart: :heart:

-J
    The shareef don't like it:laugh:
    Thanks hon.. Thanks Manda girl :bigsmile:

• TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    You are awesome Joanna!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!

You are inspiring so many people here with your story!!

:heart:
    Tami
  • BigCityKittyz
    BigCityKittyz Posts: 378
    Totally AWESOME....my asthma has been more controllable TOO! Whew.... (Ex + eR +Rc= WL(2) = EB)= SSe

Excercise + eating RIGHT+ Reduced calories = Weight Loss (twice as much than eating right alone)= Easier BREATHING.....and potential Swimsuit Season excitement!

Way to go.....the way I figure it ...is when I go to the supermarket, I look at those 15 pound sack of taters and think....girl! You are carrying those "sacks" around with YOU! (You think I'd be in better shape due to that!:laugh: )

You are truly inspirational....and you kiddo's are cuties!:smile:
  • GIGINATOR
    GIGINATOR Posts: 355 Member
    Congrats to you Joanna, I love reading the success stories!!! Put on that bathing suit and be proud of yourself!!!!!!:wink:
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Thank you Joanna!

You have a gorgeous figure and will look beautiful in your bathing suit...you will get alot of attention...don't be shy, hold your head high...you'll get used to it!
  • Healthier_Me
    Thanks everyone :blushing:

Tiramisu:
    I really don't see myself as an inspiration.
    You're the inspiration.

BCK:
    I am so glad you're asthma is better. No better feeling than being able to breathe.

GIG:
    Thanks... I will wear that swimsuit proudly.. or semi proud :embarassed:

FD:
    It feels so good to finally love myself. I will always be the shy girl but I'm sure I'll break out of this mold :smile:

• hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    You're great! Congrats on making your goal and posting so many great things. You ARE an inspiration and you better wear that swimsuit extra proud you earned it. Next year I hope to give you a little competition on the beach. :)
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    nothin' but love for ya honey!!! :heart:

you're amazing mamacita!

hugs!
    Ali :flowerforyou:
  • jenndf
    jenndf Posts: 29 Member
    You're so amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your inspirational story.
    Congrats.

:flowerforyou:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Fantastic! And you look fabulous, I want ur tummy...lol :)
  • Healthier_Me
    Thanks everyone :bigsmile:

Heather... it's on!! :tongue:

• neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Hey Joanna...you rock!!!:flowerforyou: You have been an inspiration to me since I've been on this site. You share so much information and knowledge with us...thank you, thank you, thank you.

One day, I hope to post my success story, I have less than 10 pounds to go, it seems it's been the same 10 pounds for months. So share your secret on how to move the last 10.

:flowerforyou: Amy :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I am so happy for you Joanna!!!!:drinker: You look great. Congrats on your accomplishments. Keep up the great work.

SO SO PROUD:flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Hey Joanna...you rock!!!:flowerforyou: You have been an inspiration to me since I've been on this site. You share so much information and knowledge with us...thank you, thank you, thank you.

One day, I hope to post my success story, I have less than 10 pounds to go, it seems it's been the same 10 pounds for months. So share your secret on how to move the last 10.

:flowerforyou: Amy :flowerforyou:
    Thank you Amy:bigsmile:
    I remember when I first sent you a message about how inspired I was after I read your profile.
    I'm just thankful to have had so many wonderful people by my side.

I don't have any secrets.
    All I know is that I had to keep going. Made sure I ate ALL my calories and stepped up my exercise.

• Healthier_Me
    I am so happy for you Joanna!!!!:drinker: You look great. Congrats on your accomplishments. Keep up the great work.

SO SO PROUD:flowerforyou:
    Thanks Renee!!!
    I'm proud of you too hot momma!!

Hugs!!

• Life_is_Good
    Life_is_Good Posts: 361 Member
    Joanna - maybe you'll need to talk your hubby into a nice vacation to Mexico to wear that swimsuit :tongue:

Great story. One of these days I will try all of your recipes
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    congratulations SWEETIE!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!