Pre Workout Boost Formula's?

Options
Hi guys

One of my friends who is a PT, tired to sell me some pre workout boost formula. Apparently it increased his lifts by 50% and without taking it now he feels weird.

I have another friend who uses Grenade and the output he produces during boxing classes is incredible, he does 10 punches 10 burpees for 15 rounds none stop..... while i need a little rest after each spurt!

Do people think this is cheating?

I personally think that if your taking something that boost's performance that much and without it you can't perform as well, well it has to be cheating surely...?

Replies

• Hendrix7
    Hendrix7 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Apparently it increased his lifts by 50%

Absolute bullsh*t.

All the steriods you could handle wouldn't give you a 50% increase in your lifts immediately.

But no a pre-workout is not cheating, there are no rules it's not a competition.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options

Absolute bullsh*t.

^^ THIS
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Boxing,
    Some guys dont even eat or drink anything till after their workout and they get gains.
    Eat something, drink something or dont.
    Its all about how comfortable you are with lifting.

Sounds like PT has quite the scam.

My pre workout drink is black coffee.
  • DonC77
    DonC77 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    was going to say 50% seems Excessive alot!
    I use a pre work out drink, I lift at 5am, waking up at 4:30, no time for breakfast. it definately help me get through my work out, if i don't take it might lose a rep here and there but not a major decrease.

Not that I have personally experienced it but if i were to stop taking it all together, i doubt i would decrease in the high percentage neighborhood.

And No I dont consider it cheating. I have lifted later in the day after a good breafast and a pre wo protien shake, I would say pretty close to what I do on the pre work out drink.

Have to make adjustments to what works for you.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options

Absolute bullsh*t.

All the steriods you could handle wouldn't give you a 50% increase in your lifts immediately.

But no a pre-workout is not cheating, there are no rules it's not a competition.

agreed.
    And even in competition, you're allowed to take preworkouts.

If I'm taking creatine, a solid preworkout, and have good focus in the gym, I might be good for an extra 5 pounds or so on my top sets. But there is no magic strength supplement.