I need a brutally honest weight loss buddy!

Options

Replies

• xSkinnyMinnyx
    xSkinnyMinnyx Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm great at being a *kitten*, add me if u want but don't be getting all offended if I have to tell you of f haha x
  • MommaKit79
    Options
    I am a great motivator and, can be brutal if you really want me to! :-) I wont sugar coat it but, I will tell you about it! :-) I have some issues with doing the same to myself so maybe with being accountable for watching yoruself and other people it will help!!

GOOD LUCK and YOU GOT THIS GIRL!!!! We ALL deserve to be FIT and FABULOUS!!!!!!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I have the willpower of a 5 year old in a sweetshop and not much more in the way of self control. I know Im an emotional eater and I do try really hard not to let my gut rule my head but Im failing! A psychotherapist friend of mine said Im a 'Self Saboteur' because I dont feel worthy of having a nice figure (far too deep a convo for me to really grip but you get the gist of it)

If we're allowed to be brutally honest: why not confront this aspect of your life, deal with it and overcome the self-control issues. (By deal with it, seek the help of a suitable therapist... perhaps your friend can help?)
    ^This. The support on here can be fantastic, and I hope you get lots of drill sergeant types (I won't offer - totally not my style! :smile: ) If there really is part of you that is sabotaging yourself though, I have a feeling that that part is always going to find a way, and no amount of online hand-holding (or butt kicking) can completely make that go away. Sometimes (speaking from experience) it takes confronting those deeper, more complex issues that are holding you back to actually find long-term success. Anyway, good luck!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Friend me too...........Anyone who wants to be honest we me also
  • Goonygugu
    Options
    anyone who needs honest motivation can add me too :noway:
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Cant thank you all enough! Ive just done my first recorded workout, sorted food diary for today and pretty much looking forward to shrinking a bit!
    Even better I gave my willpower and self control a real kick up the @ss by NOT stealing the haribo/jammie dodgers/cherry drops out of the 'Squaddie-box' Im sending to my friend in Afghan (He needs them, I dont right?)
    Uh-huh... thats right, I mean business this time!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, Im Sarah. Ive been on and off MFP for months but Ive had enough of yo-yo-ing. I need a buddy that wont say 'Awwww its ok, just behave tomorrow and it will all be fine'
    I can do it for others but I totally suck at kicking myself up the @ss!
    I have the willpower of a 5 year old in a sweetshop and not much more in the way of self control. I know Im an emotional eater and I do try really hard not to let my gut rule my head but Im failing! A psychotherapist friend of mine said Im a 'Self Saboteur' because I dont feel worthy of having a nice figure (far too deep a convo for me to really grip but you get the gist of it)
    I really really want to do it this time. I have 22lbs that need to disappear and then a further 7 that would just be for kudos (I havent been 9st 7lbs since I was a teen!)
    162lbs might not seem too bad but I am SHORT! At 5'2 I look and feel like a weeble! So please, if anyone needs a brutally honest buddy and can do the same for me Id really appreciate it!

Since you asked for brutal honesty, 162 pounds at 5'2" does sound bad to me. I'm the same height and I've never weighed anything near that. The good news is that you apparently are healthy and look good at 132 and 30 pounds is not an impossible amount to lose.

I think the refusal to make more excuses is a good step. By the way, beating up on yourself all the time is not the answer, just don't live in denial and instead, act in a way that's consistent with your stated goals.
  • clarecorrus
    Options
    ooh I need you too!
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Even better I gave my willpower and self control a real kick up the @ss by NOT stealing the haribo/jammie dodgers/cherry drops out of the 'Squaddie-box' Im sending to my friend in Afghan (He needs them, I dont right?)

Don't "exercise" your willpower and self-control -- you have limited amounts of them. Instead, whenever possible, structure your life to avoid unnecessary stress.

For example, if you need to send your friend something, don't send him food, or send him food through a catalog so that you don't have to pack it. In other words, stay away from situations in which you might cave. Maybe that's the kind of "self-sabotoge" your shrink meant.

You should be trying to make life easier, not harder. Adhering to a lower-calorie diet for several months and exercising are hard enough. Unnecessary struggle doesn't make you a better or more deserving person. Note, I said "unnecessary struggle," we all have challenges.
  • ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I like this thread please feel free anyone to add me as a friend..........and be honest with me too!
  • iiheartfashion
    Options
    I need a buddy also. I have only started today and i'm very serious about it. Does anyone want to be my buddy? I need someone to keep me motivated and vice versa...
  • SarahCW1979
    Options

Don't "exercise" your willpower and self-control -- you have limited amounts of them. Instead, whenever possible, structure your life to avoid unnecessary stress.

For example, if you need to send your friend something, don't send him food, or send him food through a catalog so that you don't have to pack it. In other words, stay away from situations in which you might cave. Maybe that's the kind of "self-sabotoge" your shrink meant.

You should be trying to make life easier, not harder. Adhering to a lower-calorie diet for several months and exercising are hard enough. Unnecessary struggle doesn't make you a better or more deserving person. Note, I said "unnecessary struggle," we all have challenges.

Oh believe me I usually steer WELL clear of any temptation whatsoever! Its only because I got the 'treats' for his box yesterday and then had to seal and send the box today that they were even in my possession!
  • scottpwilliams
    Options
    On the plus side weeble's wobble, but they dont fall down!

Strange, you have the same initials, year of birth (I assume thats 1979) and live in the same area (well, I work in Neath/Port Talbot), I call identify theft! :D
  • SarahCW1979
    Options
    On the plus side weeble's wobble, but they dont fall down!

Strange, you have the same initials, year of birth (I assume thats 1979) and live in the same area (well, I work in Neath/Port Talbot), I call identify theft! :D

Haha! I promise you when I have a few too many vino's I fall down... a lot!
    Same intitials, year of birth and area... it really is a small world! Your birthday isn't July 3rd is it? :p
  • mfpcopine
    Options

Oh believe me I usually steer WELL clear of any temptation whatsoever! Its only because I got the 'treats' for his box yesterday and then had to seal and send the box today that they were even in my possession!

Oh, OK. Glad to hear that wasn't the case here.

Some people set themselves up unnecessarily -- I will never forget the woman here who ordered three pizzas (for herself) and then was incensed when I asked her what exactly she thought she was going to do with three pizzas -- that's obvious self-undermining.
  • SarahCW1979
    Options

Oh, OK. Glad to hear that wasn't the case here.

Some people set themselves up unnecessarily -- I will never forget the woman here who ordered three pizzas (for herself) and then was incensed when I asked her what exactly she thought she was going to do with three pizzas -- that's obvious self-undermining.

WTF? 3 pizzas? That is seriously just ASKING for trouble. Rest assured Im not going to get p!ssy with anyone who calls me out on a bad choice.Im sure I'll make a few yet but Im here for some virtual butt kicking and expect to get it!
  • book_mage
    book_mage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oh. Yes. This is what I need too!! I know I can do this, but I need some awesome people there to push me as far as I can go. Sarah, I totally get where you're coming from with the whole emotional thing. I'm thinking the blog might help with that. All that writing and getting stuff out. Please feel free to add me!

I'll add a picture when I get home from work. I'm not sketchy, I promise!
  • SarahCW1979
    Options
    Oh. Yes. This is what I need too!! I know I can do this, but I need some awesome people there to push me as far as I can go. Sarah, I totally get where you're coming from with the whole emotional thing. I'm thinking the blog might help with that. All that writing and getting stuff out. Please feel free to add me!

I'll add a picture when I get home from work. I'm not sketchy, I promise!

Haha, sketchy :p
    So far this thread has put me in touch with fabulous people who are going to help me stay on track. Ive never added anyone before, just used the site as a diary of sorts. That didnt work so my 'final plea' for help went out. Im amazed at the amount of support and encouragement already!
  • mfpcopine
    Options

WTF? 3 pizzas? That is seriously just ASKING for trouble. Rest assured Im not going to get p!ssy with anyone who calls me out on a bad choice.Im sure I'll make a few yet but Im here for some virtual butt kicking and expect to get it!

Yeah. Everyone overdoes it at times. I had two desserts the other day that I did not need. But if you're home by yourself, supposedly are committed to losing weight, and order three pizzas how can you get angry when someone points out that was a bad choice? We have to think about the consequences of our choices.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I'm a teacher - telling people off comes naturally to me :laugh: