Regulating food intake

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
Does anyone else have trouble with consistency?

I am finding some days (especially those I do long runs) I can't get enough calories in, whatever I do, and others (like today), I can't stop eating.

Anyone got tips for how to be more consistent?

Replies

• joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    I have just asked the same question on general weight loss. Waiting for answers.
  • bluebellkarma
    Options
    I don't -alas - have any answers to this - but I can tell you I am having problems with the exact same thing!

On the days when I burn a lot of calories on running or mega-long power walks, I simply don't feel as hungry afterwards. Some days i come home from a workout and realise that, taking into account the extra exercise calories as well, I have a whopping 1100 calories to eat before the end of the day.

But on the days when I don't work out, usually the day after a workout, I am starving.

Are you 'allowed' to carry the 'unspent' calories over to the next day d'you think?
  • NyimaR
    NyimaR Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Try monitoring calories over a longer period e.g. a week. If your netting your target calories over the course of a week I wouldn't be worried!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have just asked the same question on general weight loss. Waiting for answers.

I didn't see your post! Sorry! Obviously I don't have any answers!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    You put it much more concisely than I did. I tend to waffle on.
  • elka67
    elka67 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't -alas - have any answers to this - but I can tell you I am having problems with the exact same thing!

On the days when I burn a lot of calories on running or mega-long power walks, I simply don't feel as hungry afterwards. Some days i come home from a workout and realise that, taking into account the extra exercise calories as well, I have a whopping 1100 calories to eat before the end of the day.

But on the days when I don't work out, usually the day after a workout, I am starving.

Are you 'allowed' to carry the 'unspent' calories over to the next day d'you think?

My problem too- less hungry often on exercise days than rest days. Despite the fact i keep my protein intake high.
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Try monitoring calories over a longer period e.g. a week. If your netting your target calories over the course of a week I wouldn't be worried!

I try to meet my daily goals, but I really pay more attention to the weeklong numbers. I can also build up a deficit over the week if I know I am going out on the weekend or something where I expect to eat more :wink:
  • bluebellkarma
    Options
    Thanks so much re the tip about logging calories over the week, that is so helpful. I'm going to give that a try.