Chili Recipe with Nutrition Info

Options
Hello everyone. The time is fast approaching when chili sounds amazing. I am looking for people with great chili recipes to share that have the nutrition information for each serving as well as how much is in each serving (ie 1 cup). I have found some recipes online with nutrition information per serving, but no serving size has been listed. I would prefer something with meat and beans as well as a good kick for spice. :) Let me know what you have all come up with. Thank you!

Replies

• sampcuk
    sampcuk Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I added my recipe in to the database.. look for Sam's Homemade Chilli Its 468 calories per serving. Use exactly the ingredients and split into 4! Easy peasy! Enjoy
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    HI there! I'm actually making chili tonight :)

Here is the recipe I'm using.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/01/crock-pot-3-bean-turkey-chili-3125-pts.html

A serving is about 1.25 cups. The nutrition info is on the website. Enjoy!
  • eecruzmd
    eecruzmd Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Turkey Chili

Ingredients

1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
    1 pound ground turkey
    1 onion, chopped
    1 pepper, chopped
    1 Jalapeño, chopped
    2 cups water
    1 (28 ounce) can canned crushed tomatoes
    1 (16 ounce) can canned Pinto beans
    1 (16 ounce) can canned chili beans
    1 tablespoon garlic, minced
    2 tablespoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper

Directions

Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Place turkey in the pot, and cook until evenly brown. Stir in onion, and cook until tender.

Pour water into the pot. Mix in tomatoes, pinto and chili beans, and garlic. Season chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt, jalapeño and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 30 minutes.

Servings Per Recipe: 8 (1 cup)

Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 385
    Total Fat: 6.1g
    Cholesterol: 42mg
    Sodium: 450mg
    Total Carbs: 18.8g
    Dietary Fiber: 6.4g
    Protein: 16.4g
  • Shelbert79
    Shelbert79 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Yum, chili!!! Wish my kids and hubby liked it...
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    PLEASE let me know if you get a good one. I have a chili kick off at work coming up and I want to try something new for it.
  • hollyrunner
    hollyrunner Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I copied this from the MFP site about 6 months ago...I am very cooking challenged; this is the easiest and fabulous. I actually omit the dry ranch dressing because it makes it too salty for me.

Crockpot cheesey chicken chili

1 can black beans
    1 can corn, undrained
    1 can Rotel, undrained (I use 2 cans and the kind with green chilis)
    1 package Hidden Valley dry ranch dressing mix
    1 tsp cumin
    1 Tbsp chili powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 8 oz package light cream cheese (I used 4oz FF and 4oz light)
    2 chicken breasts (I used 3 breasts)

Drain and rinse black beans. Place chicken at bottom of pot, then pour out whole can of corn (undrained), rotel, and black beans. Top with seasonings and ranch mix. Stir together. Place cream cheese on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Stir cream cheese into chili. Use 2 forks to shred chicken. Stir together and serve. (We add some Franks Red Hot to give it some spice!)

http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/01/slow-cooker-cream-cheese-chicken-chili.html

For the specific ingredients I used, the breakdown is: 216 calories, 7 fat, 20 protein, 18 carbs, 646 sodium and 7 sugar PER 1 measuring cup. My pot made 9 cups worth.

Enjoy. It seriously is SO good!
  • MomBod81
    MomBod81 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    There is a recipe on the Real Simple website for Southerstern Beef Chili with Corn. It is SOOO good (and easy) and has some extra veggies like carrots and corn in it. The nutrition information is on the website.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good chili recipe without corn ? I dont eat corn.
    Thx !
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a good chili recipe without corn ? I dont eat corn.
    Thx !

Use the recipes listed, and don't add the corn.:noway:
  • tnladyvol
    Options
    :love: bump