Herballife work?

Options
anyone try herballife b4? does it work for you? heard they said you can only hv one meal a day , tats lunch and breakfast and dinner you cant eat, only drink their milkshake, anyone try b4? is it a healty way to lose weight?

Replies

• Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine the weight you would lose would stay off once you stop the shakes. I've found "fad" things are just that...fads. Change of lifestyle/food choices is what works...good luck!
  • Shrelana
    Shrelana Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I tried one of their protein shakes about 2 weeks ago when I was starting working out and what not...did not hit the spot - I kid you not, 25 minutes after finishing this shake, was digging in the fridge for food... :( The shake tasted great though - cake batter flavour!
  • heidimaggott78
    Options
    I'm currently using it.
    I have a shake for breakfast and lunch and eat a regular dinner. I also snack on fruit & veg & sugar-free yoghurt during the day. It does work, but I can't share my results as I only started properly yesterday
  • kylejh
    kylejh Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine the weight you would lose would stay off once you stop the shakes. I've found "fad" things are just that...fads. Change of lifestyle/food choices is what works...good luck!

Exactly! If you want it to come off and stay off, make a permanent change to your lifestyle. Log your food, and exercise daily. There's really no secret to it.
  • laurenk08
    laurenk08 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been using herbalife products for over 8 months now, when i do shakes i only replace it for one meal a day then take about a month off the shakes and replace them with healthy low cal meals. It has worked for me, especially when i get to a plateau. Also the herbalife total control tablets helped me to break a plateau, I wouldn't recommend using the products excessively since it is obviously not a permanent fix to any diet.

I just use it every once in awhile to stay on track :)
  • hkevans724
    hkevans724 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    My Daddy did herbalife a long time ago.. as soon as he quit he gained it right back...
  • 00Melyanna00
    00Melyanna00 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It works like any diet that creates a calories deficit, except that, instead of eating healthy and enjoying your food, you are drinking a mix of stuff that was given you by a salesman, not a qualified doctor. Oh, and it's more expensive than real food.
  • watcheronthewall
    Options
    If it works for you, you will be in the very lucky minority.
  • Limlynn
    Options
    It works like any diet that creates a calories deficit, except that, instead of eating healthy and enjoying your food, you are drinking a mix of stuff that was given you by a salesman, not a qualified doctor. Oh, and it's more expensive than real food.

exactly!!!!!! damn expensive...and make you so hungry...
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I bought the shake mix from a friend. Tasty enough, but i wasn't about to spend that kind of money to replace REAL food twice a day to lose weight.

The other thing that irritated me is that the company is multilevel direct marketing. Kinda like Mary Kay, PartyLight, Tastefully Simple, and now BeachBody only with weight loss supplements. Not my favorite thing to get involved with.

I prefer using a protein shake to replace a breakfast once or twice a week or after a hard work out. And I don't use herbalife any more.