Charlie's Dumb-*kitten* moments

Options
Charlie003
Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
Hi. We have all had these moments. Times when our brains turn off all logic and reasoning. Please feel free to share your own moments here.

Mine is a simple one. I was at Ikea, buy something for my daughters room. I have a friend who works there and she said I could borrow her car since it had more room to fit the boxes. I loaded the boxes, got in the car, and it would not start. I was like, well, mabey the doors need to be locked....no, ok, the seat belt needs to be locked....no, after 10 minutes I gave up trying and decided there must be a kill switch. I walked back into Ikea and explained the problem to my friend....she then says, did you press the clutch down far enough...........clutch????????oh f-me, it's standard....The store had a good laugh at me expense. Espially since I did not notiv=ce the big shift box right beside me. hahaha

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad, I was teaching a friend how to drive standard once and the car wouldn't start, I didn't even realize the E brake was still on and I forgot the step where I tell her to take the E brake off, AHAHHAHA.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    That's a good one haha. I think my most recent encounter of a dumb *kitten* moment is just a simple asking where something is when it's right there in front of me. I just have small ones, but they can be quite frequent!
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    The other day I was riding with my buddies and I dropped my bike into first gear in his driveway without putting the kickstand back up, shutting it off immediately.
  • Charlie003
    Options
    2nd moment. I was flipping channels last night and came across True Blood. I did not recognise the scene and thought when is the new season going to start. Then I looked at the original date of play, june 10. I missed the whole season becase I somehow erased the timer off prv. Well better late than never.
  • Vonnie2006
    Vonnie2006 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Helping my mother fill out some documents. Kept squinting finally said, "*kitten*, I could probably help you better if I had my glasses on". Total silence and a silly smirk on her face. I look at her through my periphereal (sp?) and said, "well, I'll be d@mned they are right here on my face". She got such a kick out of that.:ohwell:
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    First off, I am VERY scatter-brained, so maybe that gives me an excuse.:tongue:

Talking to my husband the other night, I start flipping out because I can't find my cellphone. I am flipping over couch cushions, destroying made beds, throwing crap around frantically trying to find my stupid phone. All the while my husband his laughing hysterically. I finally ask him what his effin problem was and he continued to laugh. After about five minutes of laughter he finally says, "Sam, just sit down, take a breather, and think, where is the last place you had it? Because last time I checked I'm at work and we aren't talking telepathically." That was followed by a long silence and then " Why the hell didn't you say something sooner?"
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    2nd moment. I was flipping channels last night and came across True Blood. I did not recognise the scene and thought when is the new season going to start. Then I looked at the original date of play, june 10. I missed the whole season becase I somehow erased the timer off prv. Well better late than never.

3rd dumb moment: Publicly admitting you watch True Blood bwahahahahaa
  • Charlie003
    Options

Talking to my husband the other night, I start flipping out because I can't find my cellphone. I am flipping over couch cushions, destroying made beds, throwing crap around frantically trying to find my stupid phone. All the while my husband his laughing hysterically. I finally ask him what his effin problem was and he continued to laugh. After about five minutes of laughter he finally says, "Sam, just sit down, take a breather, and think, where is the last place you had it? Because last time I checked I'm at work and we aren't talking telepathically." That was followed by a long silence and then " Why the hell didn't you say something sooner?"

tHATS GREAT.
  • Charlie003
    Options

Sooooookie!
  • KrayKira
    Options
    I fractured my finger today getting dressed... While standing under a fan in my room......
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options

Sooooookie!

I kid, I kid.

I don't know what it is about you, I just LOVE messing with you.

I watched it for 4 seasons... First was ok, really liked the second, third was bad, 4th was HORRENDOUS, and skipped the 5th. I really wanted to stop watching after the 3rd season but I gave it another shot... my mistake.
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options

Better than him publicly admitting to watching Jersey Shore....
  • SmexAppeal
    SmexAppeal Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Just yesterday morning, up at 5:45 am to get ready for work. Walk into the bathroom with eyes still half shut. Go in the toothbrush drawer and can't find my flipping regular toothbrush. I am thinking in my head, "Did my mother just decide to clean out the drawer and throw my damn brush away?!?!!" I told myself to scold her later after she got out of bed. So I brush my teeth with my electrical one. I open the next drawer up to grab my hair brush and viola.... there's my toothbrush. I did it the night before when I was super tired after my run. Thank God I found it before I decided to bi*ch at my mother... ugh
  • knwitall
    knwitall Posts: 420 Member
    Options

I know how you feel. I've done this before. Felt so dumb when i figured it out. HAHA
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

I did something similar. Couldn't find my keys. Checking my bedroom, checked the kitchen, the living room, under the cushions, retracing my steps, wracking my brain trying to figure out when I last saw them...they were in my pocket the whole time.
  • SVCat
    SVCat Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I had recently bought my new Challenger..push button start...has the remote start on it also. I had to take it in to the shop for some custom work and had a rental for the day. I sat in that rental pushing the radio On/Off button and scractching my head wondering WTF was wrong with the car and why it wouldn't start. I seriously sat there puzzled for about a minute or two.
  • cabaray
    cabaray Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Preface: This was a long time ago and I was using many "substances" at the time.

I was about 22 years old and it was winter. I drove a Geo Storm which had the sunken in headlights. I get in my car to leave for a night out on the town and my headlights were not shining properly. I got all upset, went into the house and proceeded to tell my dad that my headlights were frozen. He just shakes his head and follows me outside. He took his hand and cleaned the snow from out in front of my headlights. It's been 16 years and I STILL catch hell for that!
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    my wife called me at work last week after dropping the kids off at school because our son pushed the lock on the door when he got out and locked her keys in the car. So, she called me to leave work, drive 7 miles one way to come unlock her car. So i drive all the way out to the school and sure enuff, the drivers door was locked and her purse was sitting on the drivers seat. But...... the other three doors on our 4 door honda pilot were unlocked! I was NOT amused!!!
  • Charlie003
    Options
    my wife called me at work last week after dropping the kids off at school because our son pushed the lock on the door when he got out and locked her keys in the car. So, she called me to leave work, drive 7 miles one way to come unlock her car. So i drive all the way out to the school and sure enuff, the drivers door was locked and her purse was sitting on the drivers seat. But...... the other three doors on our 4 door honda pilot were unlocked! I was NOT amused!!!

lolololol. I hope that earned you points.
  • StrengthIDidntKnow
    Options
    My husband was getting in late last night from a business trip on the train. The station is only about 1/2 mile from my house but my plan was to drop off the car that afternoon so he didn't have to walk home in the dark with a suitcase. We get almost all the way home when I realized that I had left the house keys in the car.