Starting AGAIN!!!

Options
I cant seem to stick to my plan! I need help I do not know what to do. I often feel that I won't loose the weight I need to and just sit and cry. I am eagered to loose the weight because I plan to have children within the next year, year and 1/2. And even thought it looks far away, it is right around the corner! The females in my family have a tendecy to get very overweight after birth, my aunts have struggled very much, one of them had to get the bypass surgery... I do not want to get there! And even thought I have great motives to work for, I cannot keep motived :(

Replies

• bekarutt
    bekarutt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    we are all here to support each other. Sometimes it will seem impossible, but stick with it and keep thinking positive!!!
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    Options
    I am exactly the same! i start off with all the right intentions and then fail!!! my only tip is to keep an eye on your goal, remind yourself why you are going it and don't deny yourself things because that just leads to cravings!
    Good luck!!
    xx
  • BodyByBrit
    Options
    I have been starting amd quitting diets for the last year so I know where you are coming from. Lean on the people that support you and forget the people that make you wanna give up. Remember when you slip up, you didn't get out of shape overnightl you won't get back in it overnight either. The work is worth it.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Start by making small, positive changes. Stop drinking soda, or committ to eating a fruit and vegetable with every meal. These are things you'll be able to do every day and will give you a sense of accomplishment over time. It's hard to change your lifestyle--you have to take it one day at a time! The program here really works if you're patient and faithful.

My fiance and I have been making healthy choices together and I've found that to be the most helpful thing. He'll say, "I think I want pizza for lunch." If I suggest a healthy alternative, like a toasted turkey sandwich and a yogurt, 9 times out of 10 it'll change his mind. He knows that when I say, "I want ice cream!" it actually means I'm craving some fruit or a smoothie but can't admitt to myself that I don't really want the fatty ice cream anymore. It's great to have someone you love holding you accountable, coaching you, and helping you make better choices throughout the day. It can be hard to be the solid rock for yourself. Use the MPF community, use your family and friends. Chances are, the women in your family might like to lose a little weight, too!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    You can do it!!! - I wish the MFP site had been here in the 80's... LOL... but you need to focus on feeling better the weight will come off :flowerforyou: - keep logging in and looking at the 5-week feature at the bottom of your food diary. :happy:

We are all here for the same principle and that is to be healthy. Losing weight is just a part of it. Going to have babies - yes, you want to be healthy for a healthy pregnancy. I can understand the fear of the obesity issue but can’t let that overwhelm you (I know, I know… easier said than done). If you were to look at my family, you would see that same tendency. Obviously, eating like thrashers was not what we needed to do but we did and so all have enjoyed but paid dearly for our decisions. I have made the decision to live healthy and the weight is coming off. I have struggled most my life with this issue of obesity. I understand your depression but somehow you need to overcome. Just hang in there!!! We are here for one another!!! :heart:
  • nrojas
    Options
    Thank you all for your words! it is incredible how people here can be so kind and give positive energy...I can't find that with my friends!!!
  • sportsqueen32
    Options
    Welcome back, and I agree with Sdirks, just start by making small changes if you are having time keeping to it. First off you need to figure out exactly what your main vice is and then you have to find a healthy alternative to it. Whether it be ice cream (Cold Stone junkie here), cakes and cookies ( also my problem) or late night snacking (again guilty as charged). My fiance and I allow ourselves 2 cheat meals a month and last month we only ended up using one (Cold Stone) but we found ourselves getting a smaller size and enjoying it just as much. Cravings can be the hardest to ignore and you shouldn't ignore them, just set a time and date when to indulge in it and you may find yourself not wanting it as much as you thought you did.
    Maybe another change you could make would be to have an 8 oz glass of water before every meal (flavor it up with a drink packet), and that may fill you up enough to not over eat. If you eat 6 small meals a day that would be 6 glasses of water right there. Hope something I have said has helped even a little. Good Luck and remember we are all here at MFP to help if you need it.