Edamame

Options
I just bought a bag of Edamame and decided i love them! They taste kinda like white chocolate to me :p

i was just wondering though

1.are you supposed to peel the 'skin' stuff off before you eat them
2.are you supposed to cook them
3.can you eat them raw

Katie
xxx

Replies

• meagankelly
    Options
    you can eat them raw - but I like to steam them, pop them out of their pods and sprinkle with a tiny bit of salt.

They also make a great salad with rocket and green beans!
  • bearlynoticeable
    Options
    hey katie! i love edamame. you are supposed to steam them and add some salt after and then eat the beans inside. i suppose u could eat the shell if u want to but u eat em like peas. sometimes i shell em and mix them with sea salt and pepper and eat them that way. there should be cooking directions on the package.

enjoy
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Did you buy them fresh or frozen?
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Just don't eat the pod-the skin is fine. :bigsmile:
    You can eat them raw...I either steam or boil mine (some brands are already cooked when you buy them).
  • curvykatie
    curvykatie Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Did you buy them fresh or frozen?

fresh
  • tjekberg
    Options
    I've seen these at Costco but they are dried. Can you eat these right out of the package - like nuts or dried fruit?
  • andreabrown308
    Options
    They are great and yes your suppose to cook them and eat them with a little sea salt and dip them in soy sauce.....but I must admit I dont know if that's healthy eating them that way!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I've seen these at Costco but they are dried. Can you eat these right out of the package - like nuts or dried fruit?

The dried ones are treated as nuts- there are two types- Dried edamame (baby soy beans) or soy nuts (which are the mature plant)