Acting like a skinny girl. Feeling like a fat girl.

Options
I had this thought this morning " I am working out and eating like a skinny girl. I still feel like a fat girl"

I had this thought after putting on my pants and they were feeling tight as ever. I know I have only been at this for a short time, and i know it takes time. And I knwo if I work the plan, I will haveeee to loose weight. I know it will work! But easier said than done.......

Replies

• Ladybug610
    Ladybug610 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    don't get down!
    think about the salt you may have eaten, or what "time of the month it is" and anything you've done that would increase your muscle mass!

Keep at girl!!! you can do it!!!
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    I'm afraid that even when I do lose the weight, I will still feel like a fat girl. :-(

BUT! If we have the mentality and habits of fit and healthy people, we will most certainly become fit and healthy people! And hopefully those negative feelings will be lost along with the weight. :-)
  • tobebetter
    Options
    You are now getting started, there is now way back!
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Just remember....

Practice makes Perfect!! :flowerforyou:
  • tobebetter
    Options
    you may feel that way for a long time but that' s normal. After I lost some weight, all my friends noticed but I still hold down to my old clothes, I wore them everyday. I just couldn't believe I really had done it, I was so used to my old self. But one day my sister brought over some new clothes and asked me to put on--I did and I find the most beautiful person I was carring around all those years. I cried but enjoyed those new clothes everyday. You too can get there and you will find you are pretty outside as much as inside. hung there!
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I can relate! I still felt like a big girl, even after losing all the weight. It was until I bought new clothes that fit perfectly, that I could really see how hot I looked...totally unbiased of course ;)
    you may feel that way for a long time but that' s normal. After I lost some weight, all my friends noticed but I still hold down to my old clothes, I wore them everyday. I just couldn't believe I really had done it, I was so used to my old self. But one day my sister brought over some new clothes and asked me to put on--I did and I find the most beautiful person I was carring around all those years. I cried but enjoyed those new clothes everyday. You too can get there and you will find you are pretty outside as much as inside. hung there!
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Feeling fat in comparison with the Hollywood girls? It's about time you feel beautiful the way you are! You will lose some, then there might be times you gain a little of it back - you will be beautiful throughout all this, if you feel that way.

Now in what regards motivation: would you rather be active and shiny and healthy for the rest of your life, or do you want to be the girl in the corner, stuffing her face with chocolate bars and chips? Exercising makes you more energetic, good food just as well. Your choice :wink:.

Oh, in case you're wondering: I KNOW you CAN do it :wink: :flowerforyou:. And once you've done it, you'll get a bonus: you'll look even better and... skinnier :wink:.
  • SarahJayRigdon
    SarahJayRigdon Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Any one with a low self esteem about your weight should read "Secrets of a former Fat Girl" by Lisa Delany. She really preaches finding a new frame of mind along your weight loss journey so that when you reach your goal you can appreciate it and keep it.