Fish oil and omega supplements

Options
I have had several knowledgable people recommend I take fish oil omega-3 supplements 3 times per day to maximize both fat burning and increase my overall mood. What is your experience with this?

Replies

• Deisel1974
    Deisel1974 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this as well. I know I have read many different studies. As one study will indicate benefits, another will play them down. I would like to know from people that have actually done it!
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    My doctor just had me start taking nordic naturals cod liver oil. She is a natureopathic MD and she said it should help with inflammation and overall make me feel better. She said the liquid is best. I only take a teaspoon a day. And actually the flavored oil is not so bad. I still have some food ready to eat before I take it, but it's not bad and this is from someone who REFUSED cod liver oil in the past for the nasty taste!

So far I'm liking it.
  • worthliving4
    worthliving4 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Studies that link weight loss to omega-3 fatty acids have focused chiefly on fish oil. Both human and animal studies suggest that the omega-3 acids in fish can assist with weight loss. Several studies from "The American Journal of Nutrition" and "International Journal of Obesity" suggest that 1.5 to 2 g daily of fish oil can produce weight loss of a couple of pounds over a month or so. Studies, such as those described at "The American Journal of Nutrition," indicate that exercise and fish oil contribute independently to weight loss. Those who took fish oil and exercised lost more than those who just took fish oil or exercised. Fish oil appears to enhance weight loss, at least in part, by increasing fat metabolism. A study from the University of Georgia published in the "Journal of Nutrition" found that the DHA in fish oil prevents pre-fat cells from being converted into fat.

Read more: http://www.livestrong.com/article/332848-omega-3-dose-for-weight-loss/#ixzz26pczeViB