Special K Challenge

AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Has anyone done this? How did it work for you? I need to change my snacking habits so I am considering trying it next week. Did you loose any weight? DId you gain it back?

Replies

• I tried it once, but I hated it after a week. It's too much cereal for me. We've been doing the meal plan from the 50millionpoundchallenge.com website. I totally love it. You eat more times a day so you're not as hungry and it's very adaptable to fit your likes/dislikes and life styles. So far it's working well for us!
  • sprags
    sprags Posts: 56
    I didn't like it at all...but I did it when they only had the cereals and protein water. I just got really bored with it. It works (lost 2 lbs), but there are much better diets out there!

Good luck!
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Hello there!
    I have done the Special K Challenge in the past. Actually, when it first came out.
    IMO it was a good one, because I didn't feel hungry or like I was starving myself at all.
    I DID lose weight and didn't gain it back, because I continue to eat healthy afterward.
    After a while I did get sick of Special K, but now there are so many varieties that it shouldn't be an issue :wink:
    Well, good luck and you'll have to let me know how it works for you!
    :flowerforyou: Teresa
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    hmm maybe i should try it
  • gemfox
    gemfox Posts: 107
    I did it a few years ago and it worked brilliantly but then i didnt follow the rest of the plan so it was a quick fix and i put it all back on again!
    however i tried it again the following year, did exactly the same thing and didnt lose anything. this could have been because of an underactive thyroid which was diagnosed about a month later.
    Try it but make sure you stick to the follow up plan and it should work!
  • I think it's important to remember that yes, if you only eat cereal for 2 meals a day in addition to a "regular" meal once a day, then you are going to lose weight. It could be any type of cereal, not just Special K.

I started it, ended up getting way too attached to Special K cereal...it's all I wanted and still want and I am trying to get away from it. Depends on your personality I guess and what motivates you to lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.