This is INSANE!!

Options
TayJoMama
TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
Okay.
Two years ago, the Hubby and I started MFP and started losing weight together. It was great! Six months later he hit his goal( of course) losing about 60 pounds. At that point he went into maintenance mode and I think I kind of went with him even though I had only lost 20 of the 55 pounds I wanted to lose. So here I am, a year and a half later, still not at my goal. I've lost another 10 pounds and gone from a size 12 to an 8, but still not at my goal. Hubby is very supportive and even tried P90x with me last summer. I got toned from it, but didn't lose the weight I wanted. He keeps reminding me that plenty of people have lost and gained or just given up while I have continued to lose. That so sweet and encouraging of him and I love him for that. But it's still insane to me that I can't lose 55 pounds in 2 years, REALLY, So I've decide to do something insane and try INSANITY!!!! Hubby and I had been talking about it for over a year now and I wanted to try it and see if I could do it and see how the results compare to P90x and Jillian Body Revolution which I've also tried. Can you tell I get workout boredom easily.

So I did the first workout this morning, about halfway through the last circuit, I wasn't able to keep up with Shaun's pace. ANd looks like some of the pros on the video couldn't either, HA!!! But I kept going. OMG!!!!! I can't imagine what the 2nd month will be like. But I'm going to do it. At least one round!! Wish me luck!!!

Thanks for reading,

Tina

Replies

• PunkyG210
    PunkyG210 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Well, just to warn you, if you think month 1 is Insane, Month 2 gives new meaning to the word Insane! I just finished Insanity last week. It was awesome. My tips would be: definitely take breaks when you need them but don't stop the DVD...you'll jump back in quicker if you don't pause the DVD, drink lots of water....even during the workouts you need to drink, modify when you need to, and just push yourself with each workout, be careful with your knees...a few people in our Challenge group on Beachbody.com ended up with knee injuries. Coach GregA will be starting a new Insanity thread on Beachbody.com, feel free to join us for motivation and support, we had great group and most will be returning for the new thread. Oh, one more tip...on the days that there's a fit test and a workout scheduled, you might not want to do both on the same day because the fit test is like a workout in itself. Good Luck!
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    Sweet, thanks for the tips and encouragement, Punky!
  • wdwghettogirl
    wdwghettogirl Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!! :) If I can do Insanity, so can you! It totally lives up to its name, and for that, you get great results. I lost 10lbs my first round, and my tummy was VERY noticeably flatter. Take before and after pics (if you haven't already). That's where I noticed my tummy change.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I read that whole post in the voice of the brown M&M.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    good luck i want to do that too.. i tried a couple workouts of it with my sis and it was intense.
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    I read that whole post in the voice of the brown M&M.
    Dani, I didn't even think about that. That's too funny since my voice is not that sexy!!