New and hoping to get back on track!!!!

Options
After dropping 60+ pounds in the last few years I have added 20+ back on in the past 6 months. It has been like a slow bleed as the weight has come back and I have found myself back to old habits which I had broken to lose the 60 pounds.

As I lost the 60 pounds I became a run/walker. I have to date now completed 4 half marathons and two full marathons. My most recent accomplishment was completing the Goofy Challenge in Disney World in January. 39.3 miles in two days doing the half marathon on Saturday and the full on Sunday.

My goal is to drop the 20 pounds I have added and then drop an additional 30 on top of that. I need to lose this weight as carrying the extra weight is now causing me issues with my knee when I run. I spent 3 months rehabbing the knee this past summer which was the beginning of the weight gain.

I know I can do this I have done it before and I am stubborn as a mule. I just have to get back to clean eating and daily exercise and I should see the scales move back to a more comfortable weight!!!!!!

Roger

Replies

• jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome and good luck, I started this at the first of the year and have been amazed at how it has helped me. I started the C25K program at the same time with a goal of being able to complete a 5 K late spring and a halfer by summer. I fixing to turn 51 and have not watched what I eat for 20 years, used to very active but kind of got into a rut. I decided it was time to get back to the old me, to date I have been exercising 6 day a week and logging everything.
  • rogerm213
    rogerm213 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Good Luck with the C25K program. That is the program I used 3 years ago when at 49 I decidied to make running my exercise of choice. I have since that time become a Jeff Galloway convert because I have learned the regular walk intervals actually allow me to quicken my overall pace and at the same time leave me feeling better after a workout.

Great job with the weight loss to date. Keep up the good work and good luck with the C25K!!!