slimming body wraps...???

Options
hello all,

just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/experience with slimming body wraps/pro inch loss body wraps.
I'm not expecting miracles but with dieting and exercise do they really help with inch loss, cellulite, and toning?

thanks

Abby

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I think they might help you lose a little water weight. Honestly, diet and exercise really work. You just have to have patience. I personally wouldn't waste my money on gimmicks like that.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Not at all.

My girlfriend did one of those wrap parties and they swear up and down those things work. They have tons of pictures of happy people who lost 10 sizes using those things and all these supplements they want you to buy and use with the wraps.

I was curious and did it on my arms. I wasn't expecting a miracle either but maybe tighter skin and nothing.

They put these little thin pads on your "trouble spot" that smell like Vicks rub and then wrap you in plastic wrap. You have to let it sit for at least 45 minutes up to 48 hours. They suggest you let it stay on for 48 hours for the full effect. You're also suppose to drink a TON of water to help "flush" your system. I'm there with my arms out to my sides because they're so tightly wrapped they cant bend and this little pad is burning my skin. I made it back home and then had to cut them off. For the next 3 weeks I had a horrible rash and almost like chemical burns where the wraps were. There was also NO change at all other then the rash and burn.

I cannot say one way or another about the spa clay wraps but I can tell you to stay away from those home party wraps!!!!

Ah the things I have tried trying to avoid a healthy diet and exercise! :blushing:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    No.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I had some friends do one of those wrap parties...I went but didn't get the wrap.

All of the friends who did it were moderately overweight......mostly women ranging from 170s to 210s I'd say. And all of them who did it SWORE they saw a difference, but honestly they looked the same to me. If they lost anything, I would imagine you could get the same result with water pills and it certainly wasn't anything permanent or anything that anyone looking at you would really notice. They weren't losing whole pant sizes or anything.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Not at all.

My girlfriend did one of those wrap parties and they swear up and down those things work. They have tons of pictures of happy people who lost 10 sizes using those things and all these supplements they want you to buy and use with the wraps.

I was curious and did it on my arms. I wasn't expecting a miracle either but maybe tighter skin and nothing.

They put these little thin pads on your "trouble spot" that smell like Vicks rub and then wrap you in plastic wrap. You have to let it sit for at least 45 minutes up to 48 hours. They suggest you let it stay on for 48 hours for the full effect. You're also suppose to drink a TON of water to help "flush" your system. I'm there with my arms out to my sides because they're so tightly wrapped they cant bend and this little pad is burning my skin. I made it back home and then had to cut them off. For the next 3 weeks I had a horrible rash and almost like chemical burns where the wraps were. There was also NO change at all other then the rash and burn.

I cannot say one way or another about the spa clay wraps but I can tell you to stay away from those home party wraps!!!!

Ah the things I have tried trying to avoid a healthy diet and exercise! :blushing:

quitter!.... if you had JUST stuck it out the 48 hours like they said...........

lol:flowerforyou:
  • Daniellealaine
    Options
    We all know there is no miracle cure for being overweight. I'm sure all the wraps do is get rid of water weight. Kinda expensive too!!
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Well, let me give you an honest and VERY recent review.

My sister (who really loves to get caught up in gimmicks and waste her hard earned money becoming a distributor of junk) decided to sell the It Works! body wraps. Being supportive and needing a reason to force myself to lie down for a few hours after a long weekend of writing papers for my Master's degree, I agreed to buy a couple of wraps from her.

I did exactly as I was told. Took a shower. Washed the area with astringent. Had my husband wrap me so tight in Saran Wrap I though I might die. I liked the tingling feeling that it gave me. And I like the smell of menthol and eucalyptus so it was nice for me to lay around and do nothing while this glomby thing stuck to my belly. For the first run you are supposed to only wear it 45 minutes to make sure that you're not allergic to it. I did precisely 45 minutes.

When I took the wrap off, I was precisely 1 inch WIDER than I was when I put the dang thing on. Obviously from bloat. I decided to let it go and watch myself over the next few days as the instructions said. I have drank 80 ounces of water for nearly two days straight. I have seen ZERO results from the wraps. Absolutely zero. Now the extra inch did go away, obviously but I wouldn't call that a win since it hasn't taken anything else with it so far.

There are clauses that say some people have to do it like 7-10 times to get results, but honestly, I'll go get a professional wrap done of my entire body if I want to deal with that much saran wrap and globby gunk.

So there you have it. At this moment in time, I have not seen results. If you want to add me as a friend, you can see what I have to say on Thursday morning when I weigh and measure myself after the three-day waiting period is 100% complete. And just because I don't want to be a jerk who did one wrap and called it crap, I have decided that this weekend, on Saturday evening, I will do the second wrap I purchased from her. That way, I can leave it on all night long and maybe all day on Sunday depending on how I feel and I will see what it does. Since there should be photos involved, I am going to probably post them to my blog, and I'll link it up on my homepage.

Honestly, I am really skeptical. And for now, I would personally tell you not to waste the money. I didn't buy these because I thought they would really help me. Though secretly, I kind of wished they would. :-( I did it because I want to try my hardest to be supportive of my sister, in all of her crazy endeavors.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Not at all.

quitter!.... if you had JUST stuck it out the 48 hours like they said...........

lol:flowerforyou:

Well that back in my quittin days! :laugh: :wink:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Isn't the effect only temprory though?
  • amyoliver85
    amyoliver85 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Fozzi43, the claim is that if you eat right and exercise then the effect will be permanent. But I have to ask myself, if you're exercising and eating right do you really need the wraps?
    Isn't the effect only temprory though?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    That's true..nothing is gonna be as good as eating well and exercising :smile:
  • abbyparsons
    abbyparsons Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    well, hello again!
    thanks for the replys, sounds like the general consensus is a no to slimming body wraps. wont spend my money on a wrap then but maybe save it for a nice dress when I reach a target or drop a dress size :)

xx
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    It can work. Mostly by pushing the fat around to other places. Drag queens do this daily (but they use restrictive clothing as opposed to wraps). There isn't actual fat loss.
  • beattie1
    beattie1 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    No, it can't work. It's a physical impossibility. Save your money for a nice new outfit when the diet has worked or spend it on an exercise class or several to help you to your goal. They work, wraps just can't.