He/She should have hung around...

Options

Replies

• DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I have an ex that used to be majorly obnoxious about how "perfect" he was vs. the world. He would literally tell me what I should eat, that I need to work out, how to do stuff everything. He acted like I had NO clue to anything in the world and was worthless and stupid as well as fat. (after that I put on 25 lbs because that was a majorly depressing situation) I hope that once I hit my goal I have the chance to run into him again... and let him know he missed out on something far better than he ever deserved. If not, I'm friends with his old roomie on face book, I'm sure that he'll see somehow or hear.
  • anamy90
    Options
    I've had people try to sleep with me and say they don't relationships then a week later be with some slim girl. Not worth it. Won't go for those types even when slim.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    I put on a lot of weight when I split with my ex. I met a lovely guy 5 and a half years ago who loves me just the way I am.

My ex recently caught up with me on Facebook and made comments about how 'the only reason I'm still with my new partner is because I sit on him and don't let him leave'.

Well, I'm getting married the year after next, and shallow as it may be, I can't wait for him to see the pictures of the new slim me in my dress. :D
  • Rmazula
    Rmazula Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Not an ex issue, rather a family issue. My Mom has always been super critical (though not as much now), so when I was thin in high school I thought I was fat (150-160 pounds and 5'10"). I'll be happy at 170 now, so 25 pounds to go. I am struggling to see what my husband sees though with my results. I think when I lose more weight I will start to see it myself.
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I just want to say that I have read all of your posts and want to congratulate each and every one of you on your success. And glad to see that your efforts are also having a positive mental as well as physical effect.
  • NoExcusesAllProgress
    Options
    I haven't so much had an ex's really come on to me or anything, but I have had people who used to call me "big man" or suggest I'm some sort of monster because of my size do a double take when I run into them now. I've seen a lot more heads turn as of late though. i have my 10 year reunion coming up, so we'll see how that goes!
  • chinatbag
    chinatbag Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You're not unattractive so I wouldn't give yourself such a hard time.

And I'm going to be exactly the same as you lol but to family who have made me feel horrible growing up. Ok im not going to be arrogant but just slowly walk in to the room so they can see how good I look lol

Aww, why thank you, hehe.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I actually broke up with somebody because of MY weight. Well that - and we just weren't a good match. I've always been harsher on myself because of my weight than anybody else ever has.

Relatively few people know about my weight loss, so it's definitely nice to have people widen their eyes when they see me for the first time in a while.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    This would be me! Although he has stuck around but not for dating. It sucks!!
  • fabulessmommy
    fabulessmommy Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Well I’m not doing this for a man or anyone else. I'm losing weight because I want to be a better me and I want to see my son grow up. I just think it’s funny when those that rejected you because of your weight see you and they are like wow you look great! It just goes to show you shouldn’t be so quick to judge someone by their outward appearance. I’m as beautiful on the inside as I am the outside and I make no apologies for sounding conceited. It’s took me a long time to realize my worth.
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    The first time I joined this site, I came with that attitude, although I tried to pretend I wasn't doing it cos he'd dumped me, I was. Unfortunately, once I stopped caring so much that we'd broken up, I found it harder to maintain the diet :S

This time, I'm doing it for me, safe in the knowledge that my new man loved me even when I was at my heaviest, which makes him even more special in my eyes :)

Emxx

I also found anger is great motivator.
  • seasicksquid
    seasicksquid Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I once had a blind date who met me at my house (communal, with roommates there, he was friends with one of my roommates, not private at all). I had to run next door to grab something at the store before we left, and he dashed in that time.

It's okay, though. I wanted to hang out with my friends that night anyway, other people just talked me into it. Never again, blind dates! Never again! Luckily I am with an amazing man now who loves me and supports me just the way I am.
  • Bethie_B
    Bethie_B Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    This has never happened to me, since I choose to surround myself with people of substance. I'd never consider wanting someone that was so obsessed with the outward appearances.
  • sblondie507
    sblondie507 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am trying to reach my goal. and would love to interact with people. who need motivation . Lets chat . can't wait to run into an ex- so t
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    I can't say that I've ever cared what people thought of my weight loss. It's for me.
    If you like me when I'm skinny or don't like me when I'm fat, whatever.
  • Namaste1983
    Namaste1983 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    ON A DATE WE STOPPED AT A GAS STATION TO PICK UP GUM AND A BOTTLE OF WATER. AS I WALKED UP TO THE STORE THIS GUY KEPT STARING AT ME. I HEADED TO THE WATER AND SAW HIM STANDING IN LINE JUST BLATANTLY STARING AT ME. WHEN MY DATE AND I GOT IN LINE TO PAY I SMILED AND SAID "HI, WE WENT TO SCHOOL TOGETHER HOW ARE YOU
    ?" HE LOOKED ME UP AND DOWN AND ADMITTED HE HAD NO IDEA WHO I WAS BUT HE KNEW MY GLASSES AND EYES. I SAID I'M SARAH.. SARAH D**** AND HE FREAKED OUT. HE GRABBED ME AND HUGGED ME AND PULLED BACK AND KEPT LOOKING. TOLD ME I WAS GORGEOUS AND COULDN'T BELIEVE IT WAS ME. TO MAKE THINGS EVEN SWEETER WHEN MY DATE AND I LEFT I HEARD A GUY YELLING "SARAH, LET ME TAKE A PIC OF YOU. MY FRIENDS AREN'T GOING TO BELIEVE THIS" I SWEAR TO GOD, THIS GUY TOOK A PICTURE OF ME, IN FRONT OF MY DATE AND EVEN ASKED IF I WAS SINGLE. LMAO. I LOOKED AT MY GUY AND SAID "WELL, THIS IS OUR FIRST DATE" AND LAUGHED AS WE WALKED OFF. MY DATE WAS COOL ABOUT IT LUCKILY AND I HEADED OFF FEELING SEXY AS HELL. AWE YEAH :)
  • JossFit
    JossFit Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I will admit that I do sometimes think about what would happen if I ever ran into "that guy" again, and how he would react.

He used to compliment me on my size and shape, but in back-handed ways like "... that Victoria Beckham is smokin' hot, but thats okay... you know I like a fat *kitten*..." It would make me feel self-conscious about my few extra pounds even though he clearly was attracted to me.

Anyway, I'm GLAD he didn't hang around because now I am married to an amazing man who loved me and found me just as sexy when we met (at my highest of 180 pounds) as he does now (that I weigh 115 pounds).
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well I’m not doing this for a man or anyone else. I'm losing weight because I want to be a better me and I want to see my son grow up. I just think it’s funny when those that rejected you because of your weight see you and they are like wow you look great! It just goes to show you shouldn’t be so quick to judge someone by their outward appearance. I’m as beautiful on the inside as I am the outside and I make no apologies for sounding conceited. It’s took me a long time to realize my worth.

you go girl! i love this.

I have not ran into any of my X bfs however i know they have seen pictures of me via facebook and instagram. I actually had to set my intagram as private because one of my X bfs would not stop "liking" every picture i would post of myself (and i truthfully want nothing to do with him and am very happy with my life and husband sooo no need to have any contact with him) I think majority of my X bfs treated me the way they did and made me feel so crappy about myself most likely because of my weight although it was never said out loud, sometimes actions speak louder than words. Because of the horrible men i was with in the past I now can appreciate my husband who loved and respected me just as much at 208 pounds as he does at 123 pounds.

best of luck to everyone! remember we are all doing this for ourselves not for anyone else but i agree it sure does feel good to know that Xs regret their decisions.
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You're probably lucky they didn't hang around...

^This. Exactly.

I've had it happen a couple times. And if they're that shallow, they don't deserve anyone. They can just stay single, wishing for someone who they could never get.
    Why have a relationship based on appearance? Don't get me wrong, it's nice to have someone to show off and be proud of from a physical stand point, but mature adults don't base their feelings around what they see.
    Not only that, but I would perfer to have someone who admires my personality and the mind I have. I can't respect anyone who simply values the way someone looks and not the person they are.

I've said it before and I'll say it again...he doesn't deserve to see me when I reach my goal weight. I wouldn't want him looking at me or being attracted to me. He didn't like me before. And there are enough idiot guys who only lust after girls. No need to have him added to that group.

His standards in terms of appearance means that he doesn't meet my standards in terms of intellect.
    So we were not compatible with each other.
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    HA! Love this!

My ex boyfriend broke up with me because I gained 10 pounds when I switched a medication I was taking. 10 freaking pounds!

He and I are sort of almost friends now, and he likes to tell me how much he loves me and misses me, while I continue to keep looking better and keep getting more and more serious with the boyfriend I have now :)

Sucker!