Transitioning from Grad school to life

Options
Hey ya'll! I just got my Master's and a new job. Of course, the job involves me sitting on my butt and staring at a computer screen ALL DAY. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But I gotta workout hard every day, because I don't move enough when I'm at work. Can anyone share this sentiment? If you can, I NEED A FRIEND. If you can't, I NEED A FRIEND.

Replies

• crazy_ninja
    crazy_ninja Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am sitting on my sweet butt all day, too. So if you wanne be my friend? Maybe we can send each other some reminders to stand up for a while ;)
  • book_mage
    book_mage Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I just graduated too. Real life blows. And hey guess what? Totally sitting down all day trying to find things to do. We're like twins! I would love to be your friend. And crazy_ninja too =)
  • TheeGeeMarie
    TheeGeeMarie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi! I graduated from law school in May and just joined this site. I would love friends and support as I work to lose the 30 lbs. I managed to pack on during the past three years. I moved to the city I'm in for law school and don't have a wide circle of non-legal community friends. While those friends are amazing to binge drink and carry on hypothetical conversations with, they look at me like I have three heads when I start talking about calories, the gym, training, or diet.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Let me know how it goes! I graduate with a master's in May and am already so nervous about the transition!
    Feel free to add me :)
  • nnarciss
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea. Reminder- Stand up, lol. I also do leglifts(leg crunches) when I'm standing.
  • flowergirl2009
    Options
    Hey I just graduated from Law School and am currently living with family while unemployed. Sadly I went off the deep end during bar studying (eating mostly take out). But i'm going to turn that around now as I search for jobs . . . so no gym in sight . . . just lots of stress, healthy food (except when i'm too stressed!) and applying away.
  • nnarciss
    Options
    Right now I work for a university so I work out at their gym. As soon as I get off of work I go straight to the gym. No matter what. The first 30 days is the hardest I think. But after that, my mind knows what is going to happen everyday at 4:30pm.
  • tinad120
    tinad120 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I decided to work FT and get my Master's at the same time, so I feel you on the sitting 9+ hours/day.

Edit: typos