Anyone on Anti- Anxiety Meds? ...WEIGHT GAIN!?

Options
LittleD311
LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
Hey all,

So, I usually don't get all personal on here, but It dawned on me this weekend, that I have put on at least 20-30lbs, in the past 6mths thanks to being on anti axiety pills! I was getting really upset that I was killing my workouts, eating better, and just not seeing a change...anyone else have this problem? I am going to the drs tonight to discuss about getting off of them, or lower dose.....

blah!

Dara

Replies

• Erienneb
    Erienneb Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Check with your dr because many anti-anxiety and anti-depressent drugs have side effects of weight gain. When I was on lorazapam a while back I didn't see any change but I was also on an anti-depressent bupropin specifically because its got a side effect of weight loss (its used just as often as an anti-smoking drug as an anti-depressent)
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I gained 30 lbs in 3 months from a cocktail of anti-anxiety and anti-depression meds.

I stopped taking them and took up running and healthy living and have lost 15 lbs in a month and a half.

I no longer even feel the need to be on them.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Thanks Ladies.

I have been on them for over 6 months now, and I've done great on them, except the weight gain.

I have never had an inch of celluite on my body, and its all in my legs and thighs, so i'm going to the drs today to discuss other options.

Thanks again.
  • LadyIvysMom
    LadyIvysMom Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

They might be able to switch you to a different med that doesn't have as many side effects.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Good luck.

They might be able to switch you to a different med that doesn't have as many side effects.

I just cannot believe it took me this long to figure out why i was gaining so much weight! hopefully we can fix this, and quick!