So Bloated and Not PMS!

Options
One day I feel great, next day I feel like a stuffed sausage or a pig in a blanket! What's that about? I'm trying to be mindful of salt and I drink plenty of water and have been eating Activia, but I just don't get it!

I'm considering trying Jillian's Detox and Cleanse product, Has anyone used this or know any other methods of naturally cleansing your body without a laxative?

Thanks!

Replies

• Ashia1317
    Options
    How much dairy do you intake? I've heard being lactose intolerant can sometimes have effects on people as well - such as bloating.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I don't know. The only time I feel bloated is around that time of the month. Maybe you should check your food diary and see what food it is that could make you feel the way you do. I will wait to see what others say, because i need a good cleansing product too.
  • Twylla
    Twylla Posts: 51
    Options
    Possibly might be too much salt/sodium try drinking lots and lots of water! :)
  • 2bskinnyagain1978
    Options
    when i feel bloated .. i take 2 over the counter water pills from walmart.. they give me a lil energy and then i drink tons of water and when i get on the scale the next day it is like down by 2 to 3 pounds .. sometimes us woman just retain water.. if u take them often though like every day u have to eat a banana a day to make sure u get enough potasium .. my doc advised to take them she said 1 week do it every day then the next week do it every othter day .. I see the diff when i do not so bloated and also i have been eating activia light for 2 weeks and it took away alot of the bloat as well .. u should try that too .. i ran out of the yogurt for a few days before my next shopping day and sure enough i was bloated.. good luck.. this just works for me ..
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I done the Jillians detox and loved it ..I finished it sun. I am taking the replunishment pills now which come in the kit..It gave me more energy and made my stomach feel so much better..I would recommend this and plan to do again in 3 months..It does not give you any bathroom runs either ..thats the good part.. but please just remember that because it work great for me does not mean it will for everyone.. but it is work a shot..I started seeing a change after about 3 days of taking.. good luck and hope this helps..
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    When is the last time you had a bowel movement? I know it's gross but I just went through a week of not having one and ended up at the doctor's office. She had me take a triple dose of Miralax and I'm just now starting to feel normal after over 2 weeks of dealing with that issue. I had to get xrays and blood work, etc. You need to be careful about that becaue you can get really sick.
  • JaneanAriel
    JaneanAriel Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    The bathroom is pretty consistent, I did have a glass of milk last night. That could be part of it. I just hate feeling like a sausage lol. I'm going to purchase Jillian's Detox tonight and give it try.
  • geicko
    geicko Posts: 151
    Options
    I get bloated from food that contains sorbitol or if I eat to much fruits that are high in fructose. I probably have what is called "fructose malabsorption" which affects up to 30% of us to different levels. Fructose is not not well absorbed during digestion so it ferments and create the bloating. Someone who cannot digest fructose won't digest sorbitol which is sweetener widely used in "no calorie" and "sugar free" food. If I don't pay attention, I can almost look like a 4 months preganant women by the evening (and can have really painful cramps and... unpleasant winds) ! Could you relate your bloating to something you ate ?

For me, no miracle solution except to watch what I eat and avoir sugary food.

Here's a page with more information: http://www.foodintol.com/sugar.asp#common

I'm lucky I don't have any problem with lactose/milk products but many people do and symptoms seems similar.
  • danya23
    Options
    The other thing I would look at is the Activia. If it has inulin (SP) in it, that can cause gas and bloating in some people. Inulin is in the fiber one bars etc. I have a super sensitive stomach and am the same as geicko that if I eat to much fruit and even to many veggies I am begging for mercy at the end of the day. Also trying more multigrains in your diet is supposed to help with bloating.
    Good luck.
  • spritie
    spritie Posts: 167
    Options
    there a tonnes of reasons you could be bloated.

It could be a food allergy - lactose, gluten, fructose, yeast, starch or a variety of protiens and enzymes (all common in foods and produce bloating if your intolerant), could also be a less common food allergy or intolerance

could be related to fibre (total amount, ratio between soluble and insoluble fibre) or fluid intake (too much or too little) which is linked to fibre.

could be medication your taking, related to sleeping patterns, exercise patterns, or even enviromental factors....
  • akaMrsmojo
    akaMrsmojo Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Mine was caused by Wheat. Since I dropped the bread and flour from my diet, I never have the problem. And you might try proboditics(sp??).