Minimum calorie help...

Options
Happy Tuesday, y'all!

So, I seem to be having trouble eating the appropriate number of calories (during the week, that is...my weekends are juuust fine...sometimes over. Eek.). I think I am eating plenty of food and am usually pretty full. I even have healthy choices available all the time, so I do have something that won't break the calorie bank, and I'm not intentionally just not eating. Does anyone else have this problem? I don't want to stuff myself and force the food down. I am really not hungry. But I know it is important to get enough calories, too. Starvation mode and all? I definitely do not want it to hinder my weight loss, and I hate getting that message/alert when I complete my log. :( Any tips??

Replies

• summerincoming
    Options
    I have that same problem. When I eat intuitively (ie, only eating when I'm hungry), I end up eating less than 1000 calories, when I need to be eating around 1800. My body majorly goes into starvation mode, and now that I'm up to eating around 1200/day, my body's holding onto the fat for dear life. :\ From my experience, I've found eating calorie-dense foods like nut butters, avocados, and adding olive oil to some stuff helps up the calorie intake.
    You can add me if you like. I'm still really new to mfp, but yeah. :)
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    From my experience, I've found eating calorie-dense foods like nut butters, avocados, and adding olive oil to some stuff helps up the calorie intake.

You've answered your question and the OPs question right there. Just do calorie dense foods if you really cant eat enough calories.
  • Lindse121
    Lindse121 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! Easy enough. Why didn't I think of that? ;) And a good excuse to eat avocados and nut butters. Yuuuum! But I just have to be careful because those can be dangerous for sure! :/