Lets be friends! - Add me if you'd like

Options
I'm relatively new (joined in June, but actually just started using it) and totally didn't realize there was a community part. SO HELPFUL
I'm 6'0 looking to lose about 30 lbs. My schedule is crazy with work and grad school, so if anyone has some awesome tips on how to get exercise in around the office, I'd be so appreciative!
Please add me! I think the support is a big part of what I'm missing :)

Replies

• sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hey, welcome! Yes definitely the community helps. Gives you a boost to have people praise your diet/exercise logging or give you advice. Add me if you like.
  • Lady_Tilika
    Options
    I can help with the support but sorry just new to this myself so dont really have any hints but will let you know if I find some :)

You are very welcome to add if you wish :D
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Oh and I have a friend who does a fitness DVD most lunch times in work with colleagues. Good idea if there's a spare room and willing colleagues!
  • erinbolton
    erinbolton Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I try from time to time to walk on my lunch break. I also try to force myself up in the mornings before work to workout first thing. I read, and it seems to be working, that when you workout before you eat you are burning the fat already on your body. So if you are eating and then working out then you are inessence only burning the food that you just put in to your body. So I get up early workout for about an hour then go shower and get dressed for work and then I eat. So far I have lost about 22 pounds in about 2 months and only have about 8 left to my goal weight.
  • dangitsjill
    dangitsjill Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I tried working out before work/school, but it's difficult. I don't get home from school until 10:15 pm and have to leave the house by 8 am....getting up at 5:30 wasn't cutting it to work out for an hour and then rush to school. It's just frustrating.
  • Texa884041
    Texa884041 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yea it is rough trying to fit in working out in such a busy schedule. I am fairly new to this also, so I am learning as I go along. I guess just try to keep your diet on par and mark that you aren't active on your MFP so that it sets you intake correctly. Good Luck!
  • musicalmeganne
    Options
    At my work we have stairs. . . I find every reason to go up and down the stairs for supplies, bathroom breaks, or just visit with a colleague.
  • helena1210
    Options
    I'm finishing up grad school, in addition to a full-time day job, so I understand your situation! I take the stairs whenever possible at work -- it's not much, but I sit at a desk all day, so it's one of tthe few hings I can do.
  • mstrainor
    Options
    Hi there! I have been on here for a bit but have never noticed the community side of it and would love some motivation. I sit at a desk for half the day and the other driving or standing then come home and always have a million things to do. I get very good at being motivated for about a week or so then I lose it.
    I have found that scheduling a time that you work out everyday has helped me a lot and packing lunches the night before so when you're super busy you don't go somewhere unhealthy to eat really quick.

Good Luck!
  • ceajules
    Options
    add me
  • wapntake
    Options
    I'm relatively new (joined in June, but actually just started using it) and totally didn't realize there was a community part. SO HELPFUL
    I'm 6'0 looking to lose about 30 lbs. My schedule is crazy with work and grad school, so if anyone has some awesome tips on how to get exercise in around the office, I'd be so appreciative!
    Please add me! I think the support is a big part of what I'm missing :)

I work in an office all day and am new to this also, i don't get much exercise which is my main problem, i have started to walk around my office block 2 or 3 times a day as fast as possible which takes around 5-7 minutes, i know it's not much but every little helps.
  • AtlantaWriter
    AtlantaWriter Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I'll send a friend request. Thanks.