WII Fit Weight

Options
How accurate is the WII Fit when it comes to your weight? It's the only scale I use for my weight.

Replies

• moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    I think it's pretty good. I weigh myself at home about once a week on a scale and at work once a week also (we're doing a biggest loser competition) - it's really about right in the middle of those two scales for me.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I find it's fairly accurate IF I weigh my clothes on a kitchen scale so that I accurately subtract the weight of what I have on. Because otherwise, I ALWAYS overestimate what I'm wearing.
  • krystlbear
    Options
    I just thought that it might be off because I'm actually losing weight. I don't even know where it's coming off at. This is my 3rd week of exercising and not drinking coke. And I've already lost 8 lbs.
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 8 lb loss!!! A lot of times, when you first start a program (eating right, exercising) you lose a lot of weigh at first... mostly water weight...
    Keep it up!!! :drinker:
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    If you weigh on carpet you are about 10 lbs lighter than your real weight. It is accurate on a solid floor though.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss!
    I also say that it is pretty accurate. I use it, but for my official weekly weigh-in I used a different one, and its only ounces off. Which definitely are not a big difference.
  • e_nicole_s
    e_nicole_s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! Keep up the great work, girl! One thing that might help you is to wear the same clothes each day you weigh in. I had this problem. I just jumped on wearing whatever...light capris and a tank top some days, heavy sweats and a hoodie on colder days. It looked like my weight was going up and down all the time like a roller coaster. So find a comfy outfit you can wear pretty regularly, weigh it to get the accurate weight of your clothes, and try to work out in that outfit (or a similar one) each time. GOOD LUCK!
  • Sillid
    Sillid Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also take note on if you are wearing your watch and holding the Wii Remote or not. Otherwise the presence or lack of will change the weight too.
  • krystlbear
    Options
    Thanks Everyone.

The WII Board is on a hard surface. I always do it in the morning and I'm usually wearing a tshirt and light PJ pants.