1lb. Ground sirloin....what to make for dinner?

Options
I am tired of making the same things all the time. I took out the ground beef, and am trying to think of something to make. I want comfort food, but without all of the calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Erica0718
    Erica0718 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    It is a blah rainy day here, so if it were me I would make chili or a vegtable beef soup
  • awilmeri
    awilmeri Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    The stuffed pepper soup recipe from skinny taste is really good.
  • zab50
    Options
    Chilli is a great and healthy option. Add lots of carrots celery and beans. Make sure to add lots of spices and you will enjoy a big batch of chilli for a few days. Its what I make during a busy week, because its delicious and healthy!
  • lorochkany
    Options
    I recently bought a slow cooker and I loved it. Three days ago I made a beef stew. Mixed vegetables,beef ,salt and pepper and add some water. Cooked for 8 hours.Came back from work- la -la- dinner is ready. For ground beef I would cook meat ball or meat loaf,and steamed veg. for garnish.
  • edge_dragoncaller
    edge_dragoncaller Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Loaded Potato Skins!

I used the Calorie count for the T.G.I. Fridays Potatoe Skins and they are around 200 a piece and Loaded potato skins are FILLING.

Ingredients I use :
    Baked Potatoe ( hollowed out )
    Ground Beef, seasoned with Low Sodium Lowry's
    Chopped up Bacon (pretty small so they are more of a topping)
    Green Onion
    Finely shredded cheese over the top.

After you hollow out the potato, coat the inside of it with a mix of EVOO, Chili Powder, and Garlic Powder...put the ingredients into the potatoe ( I do not make them ''heaping'' ) and toss back into the oven for 10 minues.

They are heavy...I think of them as comfort food, and you can have 2 for only 400 calories. NOM. Only downside...they take a good hour and a half to make due to the time to Bake the potatoes
  • amybrauch
    amybrauch Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Chili for sure. That is what I am having tonight actually.
  • girlnamedlee
    girlnamedlee Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I don't know what your go-tos are but my family loves meatloaf. I make it in muffin tins so that portion control is easier & use ground oats instead of breadcrumbs for the added fiber.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I say chili....mainly because I have been craving chili!! Good luck!
  • Car0lynnM
    Car0lynnM Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I would go with chili. You can make a huge pot (add lots of beans and tomatoes) and have leftovers to put in the freezer. You can also hide a ton of vegetables in it (carrots, celery, onions...). Yum.
  • mormonmomma11
    mormonmomma11 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Rachel Ray's Shepard's Pie:

2 pounds potatoes, such as russet, peeled and cubed
    2 tablespoons sour cream or softened cream cheese
    1 large egg yolk
    1/2 cup cream, for a lighter version substitute vegetable or chicken broth
    Salt and freshly ground black pepper
    1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, 1 turn of the pan
    1 3/4 pounds ground beef or ground lamb
    1 carrot, peeled and chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
    1 cup beef stock or broth
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire, eyeball it
    1/2 cup frozen peas, a couple of handfuls
    1 teaspoon sweet paprika
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/30-minute-shepherds-pie-recipe/index.html

This is always my go-to comfort food meal :)
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    taco soup! Add some taco seasoning, onions, and bell peppers to ground beef. Then add water, corn, tomatoes with green chilies, and your choice of beans. Serve with whole grain cheese quesadillas or top with cheese and serve with whole grain tortilla chips. Can also add a dollop of light sour cream, or I add some ranch powder to give it that "cool" flavor with less fat than sour cream. Change it up however you like. :-)
  • DANCERPURPLE
    DANCERPURPLE Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS GOOD!!!- BUMP
  • gatorginger
    gatorginger Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Burger Heaven Casserole

16 oz extra lean ground beef (or turkey)
    2 cups sliced raw potatoes
    1 1/2 cups sliced carrots (can use frozen)
    1 cup chopped celery
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1 cup frozen peas (thawed)
    1 cup frozen whole kernal corn (thawed)
    1 10oz can healthy request tomatoe soup
    1/2 cup water
    1 tsp dried parsley flakes
    1 can mushrooms
    salt and pepper

In large skillet brown meat, onion & celery mixture and mushrooms. In slow cooker container sprayed with butter flavored spray, combine meat mixture, potatoes, carrots, peas, and corn. Stir in tomatoe soup, water, parsley flakes and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours

Makes 6 1 cup servings

243 calories per serving, 7gm protein, 28 grm carbohydrates, 333 mg sodium (more if you added extra salt), 33 mg calcium 4 gm fiber, weight watcher 5 points

Haven't made this yet but planning on making it soon
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    The stuffed pepper soup recipe from skinny taste is really good.

F' Yeah this was going to be my suggestion, I don't know about their recipe but stuffed peppers are bawlin'
  • xokatelynmariexo
    xokatelynmariexo Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

We made chili last week, but we decided to go with sheperds pie. I found a recipe online and i am going to alter it to make it a bit more healthy
  • DLKeeble
    DLKeeble Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I made meatloaf with mine last night. Tacos would be good or salisbury steak.
  • mrpurdy
    mrpurdy Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I'm making burgers tonight with bacon, La Bonne Vie honey goat cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Along with a substantial side of grilled zucchini. Can't wait!
  • cjgillespie
    cjgillespie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    i like mine cooked down with garlic, mushrooms, and onions, and then tossed with tofu shirataki noodles and a couple laughing cow spreadable cheese wedges. it comes together like a beef stroganoff but with VERY VERY low calories.
  • Four_Leaf_Clover
    Four_Leaf_Clover Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I made Skinny Taste Cuban Picadillo last night and it was very tasty and quick.