when I de-clutter, I don't eat

Options
This is weird but cool. I've been on this de-cluttering thing lately. I've noticed I'm so focused on cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff that I don't seem to want to snack as much. I've actually had to remind myself to eat so I don't skip meals.
Clearing the clutter gives me a similar high to the feeling I get when I eat.

I think I'm on to something here....

Replies

• kimmiebaby
    Options
    That is so funny I am the same way. This past month I have been just cleaning out things and going through things I havn't touched in years and I don't feel the need to eat. I also have to stop and remind myself to eat my meals.
  • DaveyGravy
    DaveyGravy Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I am a web designer by trade and quite often I find myself so engrossed in a project that I totally forget to eat meals! It can be noon when I start and all of a sudden it will be 6pm and I find i've skipped my lunch! Then I need to play catch-up, or at least eat a larger meal for dinner.

Does sound like you're onto something ha ha ;)
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    I guess it just shows that so much of why we overeat is boredom and frustration.

I'm going to keep up the de-cluttering till I get to my goal weight...
  • thica03
    thica03 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think I might start de-cluttering tonight.....
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i need to do some decluttering!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • FireMonkey
    FireMonkey Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    My daughter is moving back in with us next week so I'll HAVE to declutter. Now I'm more motivated to do it; thanks for sharing! :flowerforyou:
  • kookla33
    kookla33 Posts: 234
    Options
    It's one of those things that I resist so much- but I feel amazing after even just fifteen minutes. It just feels like it clears your head and gives you all this energy. Like things you didn't think were possible are possible again.

Good luck getting rid of th stuff that's weighing you down, both in your homes and on your body.
  • teetee1281
    teetee1281 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Options
    That's so crazy! I'm sitting at work bored and finally decided to clean a cabinet that I should have cleaned 2 weeks ago. I know I did it for the exact purpose of keeping me from eating the snacks I keep in my desk. Even though, they are low calorie or even heathly (fresh fruit in the frig) I just don't need to eat it because I am bored. After reading the post, I am even happier with my decision to clean.
  • Trakandrose
    Trakandrose Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can relate, when I'm bored, I eat. So as soon as I get home every day I immediately put myself to work. I throw a load of laundry in, do the dishes, pick up, anything to keep me busy until my husband gets home. It also helps that we don't keep "snacky" food in the house, so even if I was tempted to eat, I'd have to make an actual meal (and that's just too much effort) ;P

571926.png
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    There is a true connection to controlling your house and controlling what/how much you eat.

Peter Walsh has a book out called "Does This Clutter Make My Butt Look Big" and it's about the relationship between a cluttered home and a cluttered body. HEre's the link to amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Does-This-Clutter-Make-Butt/dp/1416560165
  • jbunzsno
    jbunzsno Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is so great! I was just doing the same thing yesterday and it does feel so good to de-clutter. Even better than eating cause there is no guilt afterwards. I totally agree that there is connection between controlling our homes and what we eat, as well as my finances. Since I have started watching what I eat and having more control over it, that has rolled over to better control of not only keeping a tidy house but also we have been able to payoff a credit card and I chalk that up to just having more control of my spending. It feels really good to feel like I have control over myself!

"Good luck getting rid of th stuff that's weighing you down, both in your homes and on your body."
    Well said!
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    This is weird but cool. I've been on this de-cluttering thing lately. I've noticed I'm so focused on cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff that I don't seem to want to snack as much. I've actually had to remind myself to eat so I don't skip meals.
    Clearing the clutter gives me a similar high to the feeling I get when I eat.

I think I'm on to something here....

I am the same way. I was watching a reality show one time and a therapist said that when your house and things are a mess then you are a mess.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!